5/12 Games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ May 12, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
Jason Coats leading off for Charlotte, 2-4 with no Ks and he even had a steal. Really impressed with how well he's been able to adjust to each promotion.

Anyone else slightly concerned that he hasn't hit a HR in his last 188 PA (including last year's promotion to Birmingham)? I mean, I know he's not a masher per say, but he's also not known to be a Luery Garcia/Carlos Sanchez type hitter either.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ May 12, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
Anyone else slightly concerned that he hasn't hit a HR in his last 188 PA (including last year's promotion to Birmingham)? I mean, I know he's not a masher per say, but he's also not known to be a Luery Garcia/Carlos Sanchez type hitter either.

It's a pattern with him at a new level. Happened in A+ and AA too, first few weeks. He hits first, then adds power later. Not sure why, he doesn't seem to know either, just happens.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 13, 2015 -> 12:02 AM)
I really like that site. I can just click a name and get the player bio - easy to discern which are organizational minor leaguer.

What's the deal with this Nolan Early? Seems like a good hitter - not great - but capable.

What site?

Nolan Earley is an org guy, can hit a bit. Don't know much on his defense. His older brother Michael was in the system for a few years too.

QUOTE (newbiesoxfan @ May 13, 2015 -> 06:22 AM)
Sore back. He'll start later in the week.

Didn't know the sore back part - good to know, thanks!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 13, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)
Recap posted, sorry again for the delay.

Fun facts in there about Peralta's outing.

his first 3 batters and then the ump lost count ........... that was priceless. i like to know, how did he talked or asked the managers of both teams???

either way, he won the game. i still think it is funny.