JB Shuck

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 01:26 PM)
I think the thing with Shuck is that he has been well utilized by Ventura this year. You can't say that with all of the bench guys, but I think in this case, it is accurate.

I think this is spot-on. He's proven to be a good 4th OF, and helps the team in a lot of ways. And he was used well. But he is not a starter, unless someone gets hurt. For that matter, I'd start Thompson before Shuck.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 11:49 PM)
Shuck f***ed our #10 pick cut him immediately

I assume this is sarcasm, but people do realize the Sox DID get the 10th pick, right?

Anything that can increase competition, I'm in favor of. Even if he doesn't win a starting job, assuming he can pick up where he leaves off this season, he can be part of a rotation that keeps guys fresh and puts the best possible match-ups on the field each day.

You have to assume that Thompson (if for no other reason than his defense) and Eaton are going to be counted on to play most days in the OF.

Melky Cabrera is needed in the lineup; he's one of the few hitters they have even though he didn't live up to expectations. So, they have 3 guys who will probably get the majority of the playing time already and La Roche in the mix at DH. Garcia is the wildcard in all this OF/DH mix. He can earn his way back into the lineup, as can La Roche, but if there's a way to maximize the lineup, they need to be thinking of what can score the most runs while not sacrificing defense given how much of an issue that has (and continues) to be.