White Sox Now First in AL in Pitching WAR

OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
That's not how park factor works. It compares how offenses do in our park versus how they do in other parks. Our offense is horrible, but it scores 3.15 runs at home (funnily enough, exactly the same as the Cubs do at Wrigley) and 3.72 runs on the road. Meanwhile, our pitching has a 4.47 ERA on the road and a 3.21 ERA at home.

Our offense could theoretically score 1 run per game, and if we got shut out every game on the road but scored 2 runs per game at home then the Cell would likely rate as one of the top hitter parks due to the difference. The ineptness of our offense is controlled for through this stat, we're comparing the offense to itself, not to other offenses.

Interesting, thx! And the Quintana idiots are so funny. The dude just gets it done way more times than not.

Edited by Jerksticks

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
I'm currently arguing with some Mets fan on Reddit who claims Quintana wouldn't come close to making the Mets rotation. Will the guy ever get any love outside Chicago?

Undoubtedly bitter because the Mets and Yanks both controlled his rights and let him go for nothing.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
I'm currently arguing with some Mets fan on Reddit who claims Quintana wouldn't come close to making the Mets rotation. Will the guy ever get any love outside Chicago?

Behind Colon and Niese? Ha. I could see him being the #4 in that rotation , but let's not get crazy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
Behind Colon and Niese? Ha. I could see him being the #4 in that rotation , but let's not get crazy.

He was saying he'd be behind a healthy Wheeler and Matz too.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 04:58 PM)
He was saying he'd be behind a healthy Wheeler and Matz too.

Lol, I know many guys came back successfully from TJ, but at least let Wheeler throw one pitch before we crown him.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)
By fWAR, Quintana is their #2 behind deGrom

I don't think Harvey and Syndergaard have pitched the whole season, but either way I wasn't necessarily agreeing with them, just saying I could see why they might be ranked higher.