What I think......

spataro51

is that we are done this offseason as far as getting a #2 pitcher and doing anyother kind of big trades or signings. With the sox in negotiations with ritchie and with the young good talent in rauch, etc. I think kw is going to take his chances on who he has. With the sox not really adding any more money to the payroll (which makes Jr happy) the sox will stay put and try to win with who they have. We put up a great run at the end of the season and we did the same in 99 and in 2000 we won the division with the same people.

So I really don't expect alot of anything as far as some little stuff.

Guest hotsoxchick1

this is what i think ....:puke i knew i shouldnt have paid for my season tickets.... damnit all anyhow... the things i could have bought.......f***kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk..........

Why lose faith when it feels so good to feel good about the Sox. Sure, Kenny Williams isn't all that great of a GM, I mean, neither was Roger Dorn, and look what he did. He traded away Jack Parkman for practically nothing, and they still went to the World Series... wait, what the f*** am I talking about?

I will say this.

I'm much happier with Ritchie and Rauch in the rotation then losing Konerko.

I love Rauch as our 5th starter because I Think he's one of those rookies that will develop rather quickly, mainly because he knows how to pitch, and has very good stuff.

As long as this guy is 100%, he should be on our major league roster.

Still, I do think it would be best for the Sox to pick up a good number 2 pitcher. Of course, at what cost is the question.

Do we want to give up Garland for Colon(If JR has told Kw we may not be able to lock him up long term?) or do we want to give up Honel or Borchard in a Colon deal?

These are all things that KW has to think about and say, this is worth doing it or this isn't.

Plus, if Colon doesn't position us to a world series and we lose him next year, then it will all be for naught.

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

wait a minute here jas.. if your thrilled with rauch at #5 where the f*** are you going to put ritchie?????

Ritchie would be the #4.

I said if we don't get anyone, meaning that our rotation would be Buerhle...Garland...Wright...Ritchie...Rauch

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

wait a minute here jas.. if your thrilled with rauch at #5 where the f*** are you going to put ritchie?????

Ritchie would be the #4.

I said if we don't get anyone, meaning that our rotation would be Buerhle...Garland...Wright...Ritchie...Rauch

try #5 at best.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i think i would rather put ritchie in man soo lees uniform and let him rot out there in the pen........he sure aint no #3 or 4 and i wouldnt even want him as #5.. but were stuck with him for another season so i guess we make the best of it.. i wonder if he can hold up a beer tray and yell loud.........

All I know is he has good velocity, a nice slider, and a good curve.

The problem is he quit throwing the curve ball after the first month of the season and he had that wrap in his delivery that led to him having inconsistent release points.

Inconsistent release points lead to you hanging excess pitchers(mainly the slider) and in the end you pay (The high era, and opponents avgerage).

Late last season Ritchie worked on these things. Supposedly the wrap in his motion was due to compensating an injury and that may also be why he quit throwing a curve.

Its a lot easier to hit off a guy when he is only throwing 2 pitches, one of which he is constantly sliding.

Cooper spent a lot of time with him and Ritchie looked to have a smoother delivery when he finally came-back the last month. He should work on bringing back his curve(its pretty good) and keeping a consistent release point.

If he does that, I'd look for 15 wins and a 4.50 era (Maybe even less).

This guy has a 94 mph fastball and good pitches.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well ill give him this much.. without nardi around this season to shake him up he may .. and i say may... have a chance at a decient season...........we soon shall see.......

Thats the spirit michelle, I love seeing a little enthusiasm (Their hasn't been much on the board today) :D

well what do you expect from a girl. :cool:

but orlando is interesting and i am going to say that i do not know anything about him.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well after dropping all my fun money down on my season tickets the other day... i feel nothing but enthusaism... or is it feel like euthenaisa.......something like that anyhow......either way i wish i could just sleep this season out and wake up next season and see a bunch of changes.. starting with the gm spot.......:D

well after dropping all my fun money down on my season tickets the other day... i feel nothing but enthusaism... or is it feel like euthenaisa.......something like that anyhow......either way i wish i could just sleep this season out and wake up next season and see a bunch of changes.. starting with the gm spot.......:D

ahhh the gm spot is what to look for.

Here are his stats. He can play all 3 outfield positions and hits from the left side of the plate. He is 33 and will turn 34 in January.

2002: 110 g, .300 avg, 0 hr, 31 rbi, 33 bb's, 20 k's, and a .368 obp. He also stole 7 bases.

Transfer that out into a full season (I'm going to say 550 AB's it would look pretty good.

He'd have over 180 hits and over 60 bb's. That seems pretty damn good to me.

His career numbers are .281 avg, .361 obp.

This guy could be a real steal, imo. The guy plays his butt off and was a big time leader of the Angels. I think they were fools for not signing him. My dad and I have talked about him for about 4 yrs now, wondering why no other team had picked him up and let him start.

All I know is he has good velocity, a nice slider, and a good curve.

The problem is he quit throwing the curve ball after the first month of the season and he had that wrap in his delivery that led to him having inconsistent release points.

Inconsistent release points lead to you hanging excess pitchers(mainly the slider) and in the end you pay (The high era, and opponents avgerage).

Late last season Ritchie worked on these things.  Supposedly the wrap in his motion was due to compensating an injury and that may also be why he quit throwing a curve.

Its a lot easier to hit off a guy when he is only throwing 2 pitches, one of which he is constantly sliding.

Cooper spent a lot of time with him and Ritchie looked to have a smoother delivery when he finally came-back the last month.  He should work on bringing back his curve(its pretty good) and keeping a consistent release point.

If he does that, I'd look for 15 wins and a 4.50 era (Maybe even less).

This guy has a 94 mph fastball and good pitches.

ritchie already has his career year with pittsburgh...which was 15 wins..this guy stinks..period...all wrap around pitchers do..the only one i really remember as being successful was sutcliffe..and even he wasnt very consistent...ritchie lost his release point because thats what happens to guys who throw like that..thats why he is so streaky...

btw , ritchie will be the number 2 pitcher coming out of ST...KW 's ego will allow nothing else..he is gonna prove trading for ritchie was a good move even if it kills his career...and we can only hope it does

Historically, Ritchie has been a better pitcher than he showed us last season. Guys have career, or abnormally great, years and in some cases guys have abmormally terrible years. I believe that this is the case with Ritchie. If he can bounce back have the performance level of even a #4 starter, we should be fine with our current rotation. I personally think our biggest need is some left handed thunder in the lineup. We are too heavily right handed. I know we hit righties pretty well, but we had trouble with the TOUGH righties... You know, the type we'd have to beat in the post season, if we ever get there.

I tend to agree with you on the lack of lefties in the lineup, but I don't see that changing.

The only place we could possibly add left handed pop would be in centerfield, with someone replacing Rowand that could either hit with pop or allow the Sox to move Manos back in the order.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by mac9001

Or we can hope Ritchie truns into that #2 starter and stop b****ing.

there is no hope when this team is concerned... your either good or you suck and thats the bottom line.. no hope, no what if, no nothing... ritchie can not be our solid #2 in this or anyother century.....he just flat out sucks......we need a proven #2 not some what if or hope he turns out.......if you dont like the b****ing then dont be a sox fan.... how many years are we going to be told the same ol song and dance.."we want to field a winner" before someone actually goes out and does it.... it sure aint going to happen under kw's tenure............