Game Thread (9-11): Hostess Twinkies vs. White Sox

BridgeportHeather

I promise you this hurts playoff ticket sales tommorw. Alot of people are going to think twice about tommorw now.

Ok... now i know this game is huge... but its not the end of the world.. its not like we got swept here.... We're gonna take 2 of 3 from boston... and Minnesota will lose to other teams here... Playoff tickets will still be sold just as fast tomorrow as they would have if we win or lose....

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Lord, did we fall out of all contention because of today????? Lighten up. Today and yesturday sucked ass. I know this. A split suck in this series, but they didnt win it, and we didnt lose it. Lets go to Boston and at least win the series.

Agreed

Everyone is labeling things game of the year (i've heard that 10 times at least), at bat of the year, etc

There's more games. We're most likely gonna be tied. More games left. Should we not play them? No one's happy, but we gotta get em tomorrow.

Manuel is an idiot.

He truly is.

Can someone please explain his logic?

The other night he uses Jose P, instead of keeping in Schoney or Sully.

Now he puts in Koch and pulls him for Schoney.

Does this guy make any sense?

:fyou JM

Agreed

Everyone is labeling things game of the year (i've heard that 10 times at least), at bat of the year, etc

There's more games. We're most likely gonna be tied. More games left. Should we not play them? No one's happy, but we gotta get em tomorrow.

Nice Post KochThis.. there is plenty of baseball left.. and this game alone doesnt put us out of the race..

Best reasons for optimism?

this team has

a. swept a three-game series in KC

b. won 2 of 3 in Wrigley Field.

c. won 2 of 3 in Dodger Stadium

D. won 2 of 3 in Yankee Stadium

E. won 2 of 3 in Twinkiedome (and could have won the third before losing in 11).

Fenway is a park where we should be able to hit. Pedro is not pitching in the series. Lowe might not pitch. That's the best I can do right now.

It's far from over. But we've made it much tougher by splitting this series, considering what the Twinkies have left on their schedule.