'Ace'(?) or 'Tub O' Goo'? Episode 26

Guest Ncorgbl

Where have you gone , 'Tub O' Goo' ?

A city turns its lonely eyes to you (Ooo ooo ooo).

What's that you say, Mr. Manuel ?

"Jelitin' Goo has left and gone away " (Hey hey hey, hey hey hey).

The White Sox, on a 3 game skid, 'turn their lonely eyes to 'GooBoy', Coo coo ca-choo.

What will he do, what will he do?

Will he quit, like he did in the cUB game when we all depended on him to get us going?

Will Goo wait, as he said he does, for his teammates to show up before he "shows who he is"?

Will he 'slip' on a pile of chicken bones by his locker and feign injury to get out of the 'big game', and force a 'rested' Danny Wright to emergency fill in duty and a huge turnround comeback win?

I think that our 'Tub O' Goo' is in between a rock and a hard place. The whole east coast media will be monitoring this game, so 'mailing it in' won't be a GOOd idea. It's time to show "who he is", and we will witness, and you read it here first, the emergence of 'EL GOO'! Yes fans, 'El Goo' will pitch the game of his career tonight, stepping up magnificantly (well, maybe two little steps instead of one big one), shutting down the Red Sox and puttting the White Sox in sole posession of first place when his former team embarrasses the Twins again. This game will be remembered in baseball annals (by baseball anals) as the pivotal game 'El Goo' led the White Sox to a world championship with. No one will remember his record, just his performance in this one game, the stuff dreams are made of.

'EL GOO', Ace. But, that's just me. :whip

Not as funny as 'Attack of the Colones', but a work of art anyway.

I'm less creative on weekends.

(Don't tell anyone but I also expect a brilliant performance from 'El Goo' tonight, and that kinda takes the fun out of it, but does get me what I want from him!)

Coming down the stretch I have the most confidence in Goo. Mark and E-Lo arte wildcards in my book. E-Lo should have so much confidence this season but he's been pitching in uncharted waters for himself. I'm hoping he doesn't get spooked by 20. Mark" who knows.

I think he is totally obcessed with him.  I'm willing to bet a dollar that he has posters of Bartolo tacked up in front of the s***ter in his bathroom.

:lolhitting

In the latrine. Makes everything go smoother...

I always knew that deep inside Corg there was a soft spot for Colon. The guy probably wins because he is motivated by these little rhymes.

No, 'El Goo' has all the soft spots spoken for.

Of course I support(?) him, I want him to win. I'm disapointed he hasn't done it more, much more.

Now that's the Bartolo Colon that we bargained for. Dominating from the first, when he tired in the 8th, and was overthrowing he still was effective, got his breath and shut them down in the 9th, all while protecting his teammates who managed 3 runs, but not really hitting like they can. He stepped up, and showed up first.

My only complaint is that his teammates should've battled a bit in the ninth, not gone down so quickly, to give him a rest. Helping your teammates goes both ways. It all worked out.

This is the Colon I want, the one we need. The one that can take the White Sox to a World Series.

Now that's the Bartolo Colon that we bargained for. Dominating from the first, when he tired in the 8th, and was overthrowing he still was effective, got his breath and shut them down in the 9th, all while protecting his teammates who managed 3 runs, but not really hitting like they can. He stepped up, and showed up first.

My only complaint is that his teammates should've battled a bit in the ninth, not gone down so quickly, to give him a rest. Helping your teammates goes both ways. It all worked out.

This is the Colon I want, the one we need. The one that can take the White Sox to a World Series.

Different result, same effort einstein. Feel free to b**** about his results, but the effort has ALWAYS been there. :rolleyes:

Different result, same effort einstein.  Feel free to b**** about his results, but the effort has ALWAYS been there. :rolleyes:

Different result, different effort, :stupid. Feel free to be in denial, but when he says it, his teammates say it, and his manager said it, I'll belive them. Prior to tonight's game, he hasn't shown up or stepped up from the 1st inning on. :dips***

As opposed to accepting the guy for trying and being a whitesox player?

No, as opposed to blindly accepting someone who obviously was not making a full effort.

Should I suppose you were a Royce Clayton fan because he wore the Sox uniform as well?

Guest hotsoxchick1

As opposed to accepting the guy for trying and being a whitesox player?

No, as opposed to blindly accepting someone who obviously was not making a full effort.

Should I suppose you were a Royce Clayton fan because he wore the Sox uniform as well?

according to roman the only guy who wears a sox uniform is frank.... hes a one man team...... :lol:

Different result, same effort einstein.  Feel free to b**** about his results, but the effort has ALWAYS been there. :rolleyes:

Different result, different effort, :stupid. Feel free to be in denial, but when he says it, his teammates say it, and his manager said it, I'll belive them. Prior to tonight's game, he hasn't shown up or stepped up from the 1st inning on. :dips***

Yes i was.