Diamond Club is Temporarily Closing

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 06:40 PM)
Not going to lie, I am not a fan of having other teams signings in the White Sox part of the website. I would much rather have them separate like they were before.

Since the boss is looking for feedback, let me say that I disagree with this. I've been reading the board after not logging in all weekend, and I like having the MLB-wide threads here in PHT. I also like each move getting its own thread; it's just neater and it seems like it facilitates more/better discussion.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 12:31 PM)
Since the boss is looking for feedback, let me say that I disagree with this. I've been reading the board after not logging in all weekend, and I like having the MLB-wide threads here in PHT. I also like each move getting its own thread; it's just neater and it seems like it facilitates more/better discussion.

Question; how hard is it to hit 2 buttons and get to the Diamond Club where all teams are discussed? There is just too much clutter IMO. I go to the Pale Hose Talk section to read and discuss what is going on with the White Sox which is what this site is about. I hate having to go through a bunch of threads about a team signing a player that the White Sox were never linked to, to see if there is anything being talked about regarding the White Sox.

If people don't how there are multiple threads about one player then make it clear that all talk about David Price goes in the Diamond Club section with one thread, close all the other threads. I didn't see a problem with how it was and I prefer that but I am just one man with one opinion.

Edited by BigHurt3515

Appreciate all the feedback. Seems like discussion is up, although we still have to work on the semantics (might be pinning...hot Sox news on the top) to ensure it stays relevant, although overall discussion helps. The fact that you can scroll a page and see all the big news and then choose what you want to discuss / read in more depth is really nice.

As I warned people when making the switch, their would be some kinks and we might need to move back, who knows. So far I like what I'm seeing (and the site posting stats/traffic are also looking very nice compared with recent traffic as well as historical trends around the winter meetings). In fact, this weekend saw more traffic than any non-move weekend in recent site history (possibly longer...although I don't remember all the moves to check back..just went back a couple years).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)
Appreciate all the feedback. Seems like discussion is up, although we still have to work on the semantics (might be pinning...hot Sox news on the top) to ensure it stays relevant, although overall discussion helps. The fact that you can scroll a page and see all the big news and then choose what you want to discuss / read in more depth is really nice.

As I warned people when making the switch, their would be some kinks and we might need to move back, who knows. So far I like what I'm seeing (and the site posting stats/traffic are also looking very nice compared with recent traffic as well as historical trends around the winter meetings). In fact, this weekend saw more traffic than any non-move weekend in recent site history (possibly longer...although I don't remember all the moves to check back..just went back a couple years).

If the big reason for the move was to help site traffic then I understand why you did it.

So as a new kink...we've pinned the two bigger / most relevant actual sox rumors. Let me know if you all think of that as a plus. And I also have to give everyone a lot of credit, I think the overall baseball discussion has been really quite excellent. Credit for all the amazing members on this site!

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
Am I the only one that browses the site by just clicking "new posts" and don't really pay attention to which sub-forum each thread is in?

I've been using that since somebody (probably you) posted about it a couple weeks ago. I didn't know it existed and it's been magical.

But that's only for when I've been away from the site for a short time and want to catch up. That button after a day or more away would just be return too much stuff I don't care about.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)
Question; how hard is it to hit 2 buttons and get to the Diamond Club where all teams are discussed? There is just too much clutter IMO. I go to the Pale Hose Talk section to read and discuss what is going on with the White Sox which is what this site is about. I hate having to go through a bunch of threads about a team signing a player that the White Sox were never linked to, to see if there is anything being talked about regarding the White Sox.

If people don't how there are multiple threads about one player then make it clear that all talk about David Price goes in the Diamond Club section with one thread, close all the other threads. I didn't see a problem with how it was and I prefer that but I am just one man with one opinion.

I know you address this point, but frankly "making it clear" is easier said than done. When Price signed there were like three threads with upwards of 20 posts about it almost immediately. Doesn't happen with the current configuration.

I'd turn the question around on you - how hard is it to ignore the threads in here that don't interest you?