White Sox Free Agency

The Beast

I don't think Guzman or Eckstein would come here.

Where else could they go? Most teams have an SS who they are happy with. Is Eckstein a FA? I thought it was through a trade he would be avaiable. The teams with all the big money have their SS. Only teams in need of one would be: White Sox, Cubs, Mariners, A's, Angels, O's, D-Rays, Rockies, Dodgers, Brewers, Pirates, and Giants. There will be Tejada, Matsui, Aurillia, Guzman, Eckstein, and probably even a few other SS's available. We would be hard struck not to be able to upgrade over Jose.

Where else could they go? Most teams have an SS who they are happy with. Is Eckstein a FA? I thought it was through a trade he would be avaiable. The teams with all the big money have their SS. Only teams in need of one would be: White Sox, Cubs, Mariners, A's, Angels, O's, D-Rays, Rockies, Dodgers, Brewers, Pirates, and Giants. There will be Tejada, Matsui, Aurillia, Guzman, Eckstein, and probably even a few other SS's available. We would be hard struck not to be able to upgrade over Jose.

Well wouldn't their respectable teams want them back? Or they could have prospects or sign another of the few you have named...

$$$$, Besides, Montreal doesnt have the money to pay Vlad.

From what I here, Is that The O's are in the market for both Vlad AND Miggy. Baltimore has money to spend, and what to get some superstars to fill up the park.

Honestly, how much money could Jerry Reinsdorf possibly have? I mean he pays about 60 million a year times however many years, eh...i no he makes little off the park and mostly TV tho...

MTL is going away. That's a certainty. It's just a matter of when, & it's going to be sooner than later.

If it's a question of wishing to keep a home in MTL, then the obvious choices are BOS & NYY. MTL to BOS is about the same distance as CHI to DET.

The SOX need to clean house:

Robby, Sandy, Carl, Carlos, & Crede should be priorities.

Marte, Colon, Buerhle, & Garland come next.

Graff, Rowand in the rear.

The rest are over-priced stat collecting bums that can start packing.

E-LO is scary right now. One more bad start & I would say he's lost it again.

The question is can film & Coopers off-season instruction help him find it?

I wouldn't be surprised if KW just sat back and waited to see who got Matsui, than he would probably phone that team to work out a deal to get their former starting shortstop.

Kinda like he did when the Rangers signed A-Rod and we got Royce Clayton.

That's what I think will happen since the Sox never really go after big name free agents.

CWSOX45

I wouldn't be surprised if KW just sat back and waited to see who got Matsui, than he would probably phone that team to work out a deal to get their former starting shortstop.

Kinda like he did when the Rangers signed A-Rod and we got Royce Clayton.

That's what I think will happen since the Sox never really go after big name free agents.

CWSOX45

And you're probably right.