Predict Thy Numbers: 2017 Chicago White Sox

hi8is

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)
Its been reported that the Miami Marlins are going to be sold for some serious money. ($1.6 Billion) I don't know how the Marlins fans feel about that but I sure wish that the White Sox were getting a new owner. It would be page one news. I doubt that many White Sox fans. would care if JR sold the team. If anything it would provide some hope for the future. This hopeless situation would change in a matter of a year. I would like to think that if the Marlins are sold for that type of money the White Sox can probably be sold for that much. I would absolutely love to see it happen.

Be careful here...not always is someone new always better. There are a lot of people with money who are clueless on how to run a franchise--let alone have the brain power to turn things around in a matter of a year. Agreed that JR appears to be down and out...but most of that came from riding a dead horse into the ground with unparalleled stubbornness for the last several years. With a new manager, new TV deals, a revamped farm system and the payroll flexibility to make some noise with a LOADED FA market on the horizon--I wouldn't exactly call things as 'helpless' as they were 6 months ago. He's getting older--so I can see selling as being more of an option if this plan doesn't work to revitalize things in the next few years.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)
89-74 with a wildcard birth

Frazier, Abreu and Shields all regain forms from 2 years ago

Q and Rodon take another step forward

Tilson has a better than expected rookie season

Robertson stops blowing saves

Moncada gets called up in June and tear s*** up

Drinking the coolaid by the gallon^^^