southsider2k5

2017-2018 NHL discussion thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 05:14 PM)
In other words, Sharp is a real piece of s*** as a human being

The whole Sharp-Keith wife thing sounds as legit as the Sandberg -Palmiero saga back in the day.

Either way, I'm against bringing in all the old ex-Hawks, but if you can get him for only six figures, it might not be the worst idea. Anything more, no thanks.

If this is all they do, it's almost disrespectful to the hardcore fans. What purpose does a broken down Sharp serve on this team? Just so people can see him back on the ice wearing the Indian Head? If they get really creative, whatever...but this better not be it.

If it's strictly for the bottom 6, I love this move. Unfortunately, I think Q won't help himself and put him in the top 6.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 1, 2017 -> 02:56 AM)
If it's strictly for the bottom 6, I love this move. Unfortunately, I think Q won't help himself and put him in the top 6.

Yeah we'll definitely see him on that 2nd line more often than we'd like. I guess for cheap it's w.e but I also agree that hopefully this isn't it for the summer.

Edited by TheTruth05

Hawks signing Tommy Wingels too. Awesome

Saad-Toews-Panik

Schmaltz-Anisomov-Kane

Sharp-Wingels-Hartman

Hayden-Kero-Jurco

Dauphin/Hino/Tootoo

I really like that forward group

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 1, 2017 -> 10:04 AM)

Saad-Toews-Panik

Schmaltz-Anisomov-Kane

Sharp-Wingels-Hartman

Hayden-Kero-Jurco

Dauphin/Hino/Tootoo

He grew up in Wilmette.

The Hossa cap relief doesn't kick in until the season starts so not much else the Hawks can do on the free agency front

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 1, 2017 -> 10:04 AM)

Saad-Toews-Panik

Schmaltz-Anisomov-Kane

Sharp-Wingels-Hartman

Hayden-Kero-Jurco

Dauphin/Hino/Tootoo

What is awesome about Tommy Wingels?

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 04:21 PM)
Kruger traded to Vegas.

For "future considerations ". Pure salary dump.

Carey Price signs with Montreal for 8 years, $10.5 AAV, tying him with Toews and Kane for highest yearly salary in the league (until McDavid signs his deal). 100% chance that giving a goalie that deal works out poorly

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 07:40 PM)
For "future considerations ". Pure salary dump.

Carey Price signs with Montreal for 8 years, $10.5 AAV, tying him with Toews and Kane for highest yearly salary in the league (until McDavid signs his deal). 100% chance that giving a goalie that deal works out poorly

Yet in this day and age factoring in a goalie's value, and considering MTL's failure to surround him with offensive talent necessary to win even before this deal, he is worth every cent.

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 8m8 minutes ago McDavid's cap hit will go from $925K in 2017-18 to $12.5M in 2018-19. That's an increase of 1,251%

SportsCenterVerified account @SportsCenter

Breaking: Oilers sign Connor McDavid to 8-year, $100 million contract extension. http://es.pn/2sqWPEF

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 02:35 PM)
ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 8m8 minutes ago McDavid's cap hit will go from $925K in 2017-18 to $12.5M in 2018-19. That's an increase of 1,251%

SportsCenterVerified account @SportsCenter

Breaking: Oilers sign Connor McDavid to 8-year, $100 million contract extension. http://es.pn/2sqWPEF

That's a lot of Loonies. Good to see small market Edmonton locking up a superstar, instead of trading him to LA.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 05:44 PM)
f*** cancer man...

Agreed

Colon cancer is no joke. Hopefully it was isolated to the tumor they've removed.