Will Michael Kopech get to AAA this year?

Jose Abreu

I know his innings are limited since he has never had a full season's workload, but my god, he's killing it. His improvements throughout the year, especially in the K:BB department, have been incredible. When Lopez gets the call to Chicago, will Kopech be the one taking his place, even if it's just for a bit?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:59 PM)
I know his innings are limited since he has never had a full season's workload, but my god, he's killing it. His improvements throughout the year, especially in the K:BB department, have been incredible. When Lopez gets the call to Chicago, will Kopech be the one taking his place, even if it's just for a bit?

I think some are thinking Stephens.

I kind of look at it as he's probably MLB-ready more or less already but like you said, it's all about innings with him. That makes me think don't rock his boat and let him cruise his last few starts right where he's at. A promotion might get him overthrowing trying to crack the majors.

Next year I feel like he probably reaches the majors at some point.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 11:34 PM)
I think some are thinking Stephens.

I kind of look at it as he's probably MLB-ready more or less already but like you said, it's all about innings with him. That makes me think don't rock his boat and let him cruise his last few starts right where he's at. A promotion might get him overthrowing trying to crack the majors.

Next year I feel like he probably reaches the majors at some point.

Right now it feels like there's a bit of a logjam in the Birmingham rotation. There's a reasonable case for any/all of Kopech, Guerrero, Stephens, & Adams all getting a crack at AAA before the season is over.