FS: White Sox interested in 16-year-old Cuban OF Luis Pino

Y2Jimmy0

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

That makes sense to me, but it would be awesome to have a path to both.  Any feel on when the contract dispute in Japan will be cleaned up?  Any feel that Cespedes could be ready to play RF for a major league team in 2021? 

Cespedes could be ready pretty quick. Colas is the better fit with his left handed bat though IMO.

8 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

All three are better prospects than Bailey 

Wow.  Then, conversely, if any of those three Cuban prospects had played in the DR in 2019, they probably would have torn that league apart, or at least out performed Bailey?

You broke my Ben Bailey bubble.

7 hours ago, oldsox said:

Wow.  Then, conversely, if any of those three Cuban prospects had played in the DR in 2019, they probably would have torn that league apart, or at least out performed Bailey?

You broke my Ben Bailey bubble.

This doesn't mean Bailey is bad. He's an extremely fundamentally sound ballplayer by everything I've read. The other guys just have higher ceilings, unless I'm misunderstanding how Jimmy is using the word 'better.' Theres still a decent chance all three bust out and become nothing.

6 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

This doesn't mean Bailey is bad. He's an extremely fundamentally sound ballplayer by everything I've read. The other guys just have higher ceilings, unless I'm misunderstanding how Jimmy is using the word 'better.' Theres still a decent chance all three bust out and become nothing.

Plus they are also older and have way more experience at higher levels of baseball, and more success at those higher levels.