What a magical year - 2005 Chicago White Sox

VAfan

At the end of the 2005 season, I wrote a 17-page opus to the Chicago White Sox 2005 season. Most of this was from memory, but I'm sure I consulted baseball reference for their games list, and the Sox haikus I wrote on Soxtalk I had saved. 

Recently, I had the brainstorm to finally post it on Soxtalk. So this morning I looked up a free file-sharing site and stored it there. All I have left is the printed file. The Word doc appears to have been lost. So I can't easily excerpt it. But you can read it by clicking on the link below. 

https://www.keepandshare.com/doc18/24075/what-a-magical-year-2005-chicago-white-sox-pdf-1-6-meg?da=y

I hope it brings back some happy Sox memories for anyone who reads it. 

Edited by VAfan

I have so many memories, obviously as many of us do, about that season. First, being at game five in Annahein, celebrating with the team after the game. Second, watching the WS with my Dad & older brother in Chicago. The last baseball games my dad & I watched together. Very special. 

• Like 3

I remember going to my first Soxfest prior to the start of the year with my best friend (still). Think we were 15/16. We were given a large print out of the season schedule, we went game to game guessing the starting pitchers and the outcome of the game (W/L). We ended up with 91 wins and a first round playoff lose. Great times. 

After I typed this other memories popped up. Taking a photo with Willie Harris and clashing heads with one another. And sitting next to Ozzies kids in a Ozzie Q&A and them asking me several times what did he say cause they couldn’t understand him.

Edited by ShoeLessRob