Bush goes to Baghdad

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great campaign stop, er I mean humanitarian move by the Thief in Chief.

The handpicked audience of 600 troops gave him a standing ovation. It's easy to get standing ovations when you only fill the audience with people that staunchly support you. It's why he wouldn't meet with the British MPs or go in front of Parliament with Blair while in London because the Labor party might throw out questions/comments he might not like.

I guess Bush's Thanksgiving present to the troops was ordering thousands more over to Iraq, right? :bang

guts to fly in for a campaign photo op for 2 hours?

The safest place in the world is on Air Force One.

Give Bush credit for having 2 hours more today with the military than he did when he was AWOL.

Do you think while Bush was there he explained why his administration went to court to overturn the verdicts in favor of US servicepeople who got civil judgments against Iraq for torture while they were POWs in 1991?

Anyone care to estimate the cost for his campaign trip? How much money was spent that could have gone to help the elderly, the poor, the sick?

That's a BS argument. This is hardly the biggest waste when it comes to government spending. NASA anyone?

That's a BS argument.  This is hardly the biggest waste when it comes to government spending. NASA anyone?

Um, try again... ever hear of the IRS?

tell me how much we have to be taxed, just to pay for an organization that keeps track of how much we're taxed.

At least with NASA comes technological advancements like Teflon...I mean, my eggs are pretty damn good now and the clean up is super sweet and short.

:usa

as for Bush? well at least he didn't fire 30 cruise missle at hospitals the day after the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke out. I mean THAT wasn't bad inteligence and a waste of money or anything like that................................................................................................

....................................................................................................

Unfortunately, that is true.  And he's passed an executive order barring the media from showing photos of dead soldiers' caskets as they come off the planes in the US.

I think that's a good thing cause it keeps the bloodthirsty media from making a circus out of dead soldiers. Bush has met privately with a great number of families who have lost people over there.

I think that's a good thing cause it keeps the bloodthirsty media from making a circus out of dead soldiers.  Bush has met privately with a great number of families who have lost people over there.

Bush met with soldiers' families? Oh man that's rich. Too bad it's not the truth at all. How many drugs over what period of time did you have to do to hallucinate that one?

cdub, you make me chuckle....

so bush went AWOL, Gore got babysat by two army bodyguards in Vietnam whilst he was a "journalist," and Clinton just dodged the draft and left the country before we could even slap a uniform on him.

Three political contemporaries shirking their responsibilities and using power to get them out of it, why is this even an issue? they're politicians, by definition they suck.

so bush went AWOL, Gore got babysat by two army bodyguards in Vietnam whilst he was a "journalist," and Clinton just dodged the draft and left the country before we could even slap a uniform on him.

Three political contemporaries shirking their responsibilities and using power to get them out of it, why is this even an issue? they're politicians, by definition they suck.

Great post.

Also, what is the with the obsession with the president having served in the army? Is it a prerequisite?

Great post.

Also, what is the with the obsession with the president having served in the army?  Is it a prerequisite?

Some people think that if someone is to be commander in chief of the military then he ought to have served in uniform. I think that would help but I don't think its a gamebreaker. Fact is that we're getting into a period when all the presidential candidates are from the baby boom generation and if their families had money then they did their damdest to kep their little tyke out of a warzone.

I naturally would give more respect to a candidate ( like Kerry ) who served in the military because I too am a combat vet but like i said, that isin't a deciding factor. I may respect a mans service to his country but I still vote for a candidate because I agree with his positions on the issues.

Clinton just dodged the draft and left the country before we could even slap a uniform on him.

As I recall he spent the war in Moscow of all places (the heart of the communist enemy) telling the soviets how much he hated America. Wow there was a great qualification to be president & we gave him 2 terms.

Maybe it was his sex appeal that snared the female vote? :bang

At least Gore was in country in 'Nam and not at a Senor Frog's in Texas and Alabama downing margaritas and funding a small Colombian village like our current "President" ;)

Clinton didn't agree with the Vietnam war and left so he would not have to serve like many other Americans did. Hell, if my dad didn't get an exemption from the government for being a math teacher, he was planning on moving to Canada and he is the epitome of conservatism.

sorry apu, I just don't buy it. The government has consciencious observer positions stateside for people like clinton...he was a pussy and everyone knows it. Still, the point is that either side, like with everything in politics, is in their own equivical way, a piece of crap and not worth caring about. They all suck. Please make sure you take that into consideration.