Sn Report: White Sox Acquire Colon

Chisoxfn

Holy f*** I just realized something.... We traded for Colon, without giving up CLEE!!!!! We all thought for sure that if this trade was gonna happen, he would be invovled. A lot of people here think he may have a breakout season, and now we'll see if he will..... In A White Sox uniform nonetheless!!!

Our rotation will be sweet. Its gonna be Colon, Buerhle, Garland, Wright, Rauch.

Now this whole lineup is really starting to come out. Liefer is now gone and we are going to be signing Flash for the bullpen. This is looking real sweet. Oh ya, now I could really see the Sox signing Jose Cruz Jr as a replacement for Liefer or at least Orlando Palmerio.

I started a thread last night from what I heard from ESPN radio 1000 and I was excited to hear the Whitesox are actually involved with the talks on Colon.

Today I got home from school, I was shocked and very happy that WE ACQUIRED BARTOLO COLON. I never thought we would get Colon but I could live with the thought that KW prove me wrong bcoz this move is definitely a GREAT MOVE.

I am happy also to see we didnt lose any of our future guys like Garland, Wright, Rauch, Malone, Honel, Borchard etc.We lost Ozuna which I think is a good move bcoz we are paying him a lot of money. Biddle has great stuff but he always give up that 1 homerun that puts the other team ahead. Well, for Liefer, he wanted out so now he is out.

So with two guys out of our pen, who is KW going to sign bcoz I read somewhere KW is close to signing a replacement for Ozuna? Also we need another OF so who is the possible option( is Jose Cruz Jr. a possibility?)

Overall, KW just made my day. This is so nice to have 2 ACES in our rotation and deciding who is #1 and 2 is a great problem to have in a baseball team.

He is close to signing Tom Gordon...I'm going to have a report up on that in an hour or so.  I'll do it during my lunch break.

Thanks, Gordon has the same stuff as Ozuna right outside of any injury? Well I hope Gordon can come up big for us. I agree with you that Palmeiro is a good option but I really like Cruz Jr. We need his Switch-hitting power specially on the left side.

This trade also clears up two count 'em two roster spots, so there almost has to be more activity. 35 roster spots. This kid Nunez (sp)....is he a throw in or is the brass looking at him to possibly replace Jose in 2004? I know he hit .291 for Ottawa, which is an affiliate of the Orioles, no power, good steals numbers....don't know anything else. I know on the scale of things, this is not the most important issue of the day, but I'm so frigging excited, I can't see straight.

RE: Flash Gordon, I have been touting him ever since he filed for FA. He will be tremendous for us. A stud who can get tough hitters out in the clutch. I hope I don't jinx him.

One last question.....does any know how Bartolo has fared against the Twinkies the last 2 years or so?

Hey Jason, I just heard that the Sox signs Armando Rios pending the physical. Do you know anything about this guy?

Quality outfielder...I think he came from the Giants organization and was moved to the Pirates. The Pirates thought he would do big things and I think he got injured. If I'm thinking of the same player, I remember him having quite a bit of upside.

Ok...I double checked and this is the guy I'm thinking of. This is a sweet pickup by the Sox. This is yet another thing I'll write up momentarily. He's 31, but can play good defense.

Last seaon he hit .264 with 1 hr, 24 rbi, 16 bb, and 39 k's. He played in 76 games and hits from the left side. He can play both right and left field and has a good arm.

His career totals are .276 AVG, 34 HR, 156 RBI, and a .352 OBP. He played in 370 games totalling 917 at bats and had 110 walks with 193 k's.

He isn't a real base stealing threat, but isn't slow either.

Thanks for the info on Rios. I looked at his stats and he hit about .269 and 14 HRs in 2001 season. Hopefully he regains that back this year.

Are you guys excited about this upcoming season? Its a good thing that finally we made a BIG Headline and everybody is talking bout the sox now.

I miss Rocky. He was the only guy left that has a good attitude out of this hell hole. Sighs...I hope we are gonna be ok with Colon...please god, not another David Wells, I've been waiting my 14 years, not as long as the old farts but please...

One move does NOT change a frog into a prince! KW still is a piece of croque!

It appears as if KW is beginning to see that sitting on his ass all day long will just get him one thing--a fatter ass! Maybe this is a sign he will be making more deals as the offseason unfolds.

AND CARLOS LEE IS NOT LEAVING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just shows how awesome it is to trade with the Expos. They are sure unloading everything and getting mostly nothing. Basically we gave up Osuna, Biddle, and Liefer for Colon. Even though I hate Colon when he was with Cleveland, this is a great deal. KW is starting to make good moves this offseason :o

Didn't we give up a little too much?

I am not criticizing the trade, but we gave up Osuna, Biddle and Lief.

I didn't like Osuna, but I'm thinking we may regret losing Biddle someday.

Again, I will give KW some kudos, but when I heard the trade on the radio I heard we got Colon for Osuna.

They didn't mention the other guys.

Well, Colon is going to be a free agent. Couldn't we have gotten this done for just Osuna????

Again, if Colon isn't a bust like Ritchie and David Wells, congrats to KW.

Yes our rotation looks good on paper.

But we may have given up too much!!

Didn't we give up a little too much?

I am not criticizing the trade, but we gave up Osuna, Biddle and Lief.

I didn't like Osuna, but I'm thinking we may regret losing Biddle someday.

Again, I will give KW some kudos, but when I heard the trade on the radio I heard we got Colon for Osuna.

They didn't mention the other guys.

Well, Colon is going to be a free agent. Couldn't we have gotten this done for just Osuna????

Again, if Colon isn't a bust like Ritchie and David Wells, congrats to KW.

Yes our rotation looks good on paper.

But we may have given up too much!!

Greg..Biddle will never ever ever come close to putting up the numbers that Colon can and has put up. Stuff wise, you couldn't even compare these two.

I like Biddle...but he was mediocre, and nothing more then a #5 pitcher at BEST. The guy could never pitch past the 5th inning. I do think he's an awesome guy and I wish the best to Bonnie and Lee(I think that was his name) Biddle.

Still...Liefer...replaced by Rios who is much better then Liefer.

How can we whine about giving up someone who struggled to hit (.200). Then there is Osuna...oh well..replaced by Flash (Better version then Osuna, both have injury woes). Lantigua...nothing special and he isn't considered anywhere near a top 10 prospect even.

Sweet move KW.

It sounds like alot that we gave up, but if Colon pitches like he has proven to. it will all be worth it! Now we need to lock him up for more then just this year.

A lot in the terms of the players...yes, but not in the terms of the quality.

We gave up no one that this organization will miss, minus Rocky Biddle who was just an all around great guy.

Liefer is terrible...and was replaced by a much better player today in Rios. Osuna was quality, but Gordon is better and both have injury histories, also Flash will be a bit cheaper.

Then Lantigua was nothing special (no where near a top prospect) and well, when you look at it, we gave about one player up who really would of had an impact on the Sox and thats Biddle and he didn't really fit in the long term plans.

In return we get a potential Cy young award winner that won 20 games last year and now Jon Rauch will piece in as the #5, something I am very excited about.

I miss Rocky. He was the only guy left that has a good attitude out of this hell hole. Sighs...I hope we are gonna be ok with Colon...please god, not another David Wells, I've been waiting my 14 years, not as long as the old farts but please...

Dont worry buddy, Colons gonna be awesome! Youll forget about Rocky immediately...