Seattle Times stoking the flames...

RudyLawRules

That is not true. He had a high walk ratio in the minors as well. However, you can teach control. Randy Johnson was terrible early in his career because of lack of control. You mostly have to improve on your footwork and arm angle to improve control.

I just said he walked alot of batters in the minors, but he had alot of strikeouts as well. He is going to be a good pitcher. Just give him the chance.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you are joking, but with all the pessimists around here it seems that we already are giving up on this year and talking about the future.

Nobody in here is giving up on this season. They are just visioning maggs gone from the sox and the fan base plumiting...

I just said he walked alot of batters in the minors, but he had alot of strikeouts as well. He is going to be a good pitcher. Just give him the chance.

The strikeouts were from inexperienced hitters swinging at everything. I wouldn't count on those strikeout numbers in the majors.

The strikeouts were from inexperienced hitters swinging at everything. I wouldn't count on those strikeout numbers in the majors.

He struke out Arod twice on pitches out of the zone. Hitters here can chase the same pitches. Maybe not as often, but it can be done.

He did throw strikes in the minors. When he came up to the bigs, they changed his style on pitching. That's why he was so screwed up mentally. Sure he did walk a lot of batters and the minors, but he had alot of strikeouts as well. He's going to be a hellofa pitcher one day.

ML = bigger strike zones and hitters that know it is easier to get to teh majors by hitting not walking. Reed does both and therefore is highly touted.

There were an estimated 1200 people at the Q and A on Saturday... :o

Is that the one where Aboz and 2k4 asked back to back questions?

That had to be the highest rated portion of the show, wait it wasn't on TV... :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

That's what I saw, too. Sunday, even though SB Sunday, was busy as well. Maybe it was due to all the fireworks Friday night..??   :ph34r:  :lol:  :rolleyes:

How many people do you think go there to get stuff signed to try and make a profit off of it? An autographed ball for Buerhle if he wins the Cy Young = price of addmission. I always thought this was a decent percentage of the crowd. I was not there this year but it seemed to a draw for those that wanted Baines, Thomas, Ordonez, etc. in the past.

How many people do you think go there to get stuff signed to try and make a profit off of it?  An autographed ball for Buerhle if he wins the Cy Young = price of addmission.  I always thought this was a decent percentage of the crowd.  I was not there this year but it seemed to a draw for those that wanted Baines, Thomas, Ordonez, etc. in the past.

I got a lot of stuff signed, but I would never sell any of it. It's all going up in my room and around my house (including the Mark authentic jersey). I would say that I spent the majority of my time getting autographs, but I also got to enjoy the Q&A stuff.

But yes, I did get that sense from a lot of the fans. Pretty much the people who were waiting to get in at 1:30 on Friday when I arrived at the hotel made it seem like they were just there to get first in line to be assured of getting autographs and then be able to hop into the next line to get more. I got there a little early each day but still made out fine on both the autographs and being able to enjoy everything else at Soxfest.

Obviously you weren't at Soxfest.  The fan base seemed to be fine there.

The core fan base is not our problem and never has been. It is the casual fan we never get and I that is what I thought j.reedfan was talking about. By trading away Magglio the core fan base won't leave. It is the casual fan you will have a hard time to get to come in. From what I have heard the fans that showed up at sox fest for the most part wanted to go to show their displeasure with the team. To rant back at KW and JR. However, the media may be manipulating the truth again.

The core fan base is not our problem and never has been. It is the casual fan we never get and I that is what I thought j.reedfan was talking about. By trading away Magglio the core fan base won't leave. It is the casual fan you will have a hard time to get to come in. From what I have heard the fans that showed up at sox fest for the most part wanted to go to show their displeasure with the team. To rant back at KW and JR. However, the media may be manipulating the truth again.

Just out of curiousity, which are you, a casual fan or a serious fan?

Have you ever been to Soxfest?

How many games do you go to a year?

And despite what you have read, about 75% in the Q&A sessions was positive stuff, the negative stuff just gets blown up because the papers want something to write about.

I was there, Steff was there, 2k4 was there, several others were there. We all saw it. It wasn't for the most part people showing up to complain. It was a good time and for the most part a positive weekend.

Alrighty then.. since the '04 season is over perhaps we should just start talking about '05..?  :lol:

Didn't mean it to come out pesimistic, I was trying to answer how things would be if they traded him in July and I don't think they could do it if they're in contention even if it's what's best for the franchise in the long run.

IMO you trade him now and hope what you get in return will put you over the top or you hang onto him and let him walk at the end of the season.

Personally, I could go either way depending on the trade.

And despite what you have read, about 75% in the Q&A sessions was positive stuff, the negative stuff just gets blown up because the papers want something to write about.

I was there, Steff was there, 2k4 was there, several others were there.  We all saw it.  It wasn't for the most part people showing up to complain.  It was a good time and for the most part a positive weekend.

Are you looking to start an argument? I don't think I ever stated "serious", I belive the word was "core." Yes I consider to be part of the core fan base considering I have been a fan since I could watch. My first game was against the Yankees as I watched Bill Almon and Chet Lemon become my two favorite players. Don't ever question what kind of fan I am.

No I havent. Why does only the core fan base go? I don't feel the need to have go mingle with the players and see them up close. I don't have the need to get autographs. I don't look up to them. They are not my idols. I don't need or want to become their friends. They just play for my favorite team of my favorite sport. Others that do that is their business. To each their own.

10. Why do only serious fans go to a lot of games? I know a lot of serious fans that wont go to games simply because of what Reinsdorf did to us during the strike.

As I said the media could have manipulated it. Thank you for letting me know.

I was there, Steff was there, 2k4 was there, several others were there.  We all saw it.  It wasn't for the most part people showing up to complain.  It was a good time and for the most part a positive weekend.

Wonderful, I am glad you guys had a good time.

Are you looking to start an argument? I don't think I ever stated "serious", I belive the word was "core." Yes I consider to be part of the core fan base considering I have been a fan since I could watch. My first game was against the Yankees as I watched Bill Almon and Chet Lemon become my two favorite players. Don't ever question what kind of fan I am.

Your last sentence is rather humorous to me. You're not my father, I will question whatever I please. And if you don't want to answer the question, you don't have to.

No I havent. Why does only the core fan base go? I don't feel the need to have go mingle with the players and see them up close. I don't have the need to get autographs. I don't look up to them. They are not my idols. I don't need or want to become their friends. They just play for my favorite team of my favorite sport. Others that do that is their business. To each their own.

You surely have a lot of opinions of an event you've never attended. And that is great that they are not your idols and all of that other stuff you said... :rolleyes:

10. Why do only serious fans go to a lot of games? I know a lot of serious fans that wont go to games simply because of what Reinsdorf did to us during the strike.

Again, I was just asking how many games you go to. You seem to be so negative that I am surprised that you even attend any games.

As I said the media could have manipulated it. Thank you for letting me know.

You are quite welcome my good lad.

Wonderful, I am glad you guys had a good time.

Is it just me or do I sense a smart ass tone in this? :huh

Your last sentence is rather humorous to me.  You're not my father, I will question whatever I please.  And if you don't want to answer the question, you don't have to.

Thank God I'm not. :headbang

You surely have a lot of opinions of an event you've never attended.  And that is great that they are not your idols and all of that other stuff you said... :rolleyes:

I guess they come from reading your posts about the subject. "I'm so giddy about getting Mark's autograph, woohoo!" From the picture you have with him in looks like you are in love with him or something. :bang

Again, I was just asking how many games you go to.  You seem to be so negative that I am surprised that you even attend any games.

I think you are confusing me with someone else. I am never negative about my team. I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Is it just me or do I sense a smart ass tone in this?  :huh

You can take it any way you like "King of all Mods"

Thank God I'm not.  :headbang

I guess they come from reading your posts about the subject. "I'm so giddy about getting Mark's autograph, woohoo!" From the picture you have with him in looks like you are in love with him or something. :bang

I think you are confusing me with someone else. I am never negative about my team. I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You can take it any way you like "King of all Mods"

You do know you are an embarrasment to the southside irish.