rogers says sox make offer to rogers

baggio202

phil rogers says that about kenny rogers:

"- White Sox- Kenny Rogers decides this week if he wants to join a starting rotation that already is the only one in the majors featuring four starters who worked 190-plus innings in at least 30 starts last season."

cmon kenny . we need ya ;)

This offseason, we nearly acquired Russ Ortiz via trade....we were 'disappointed' when he got traded to the Braves. Also this offseason, we offered a contract to Omar Daal and he declined it....and we were 'disappointed' when he rejected it. Now we could make off like bandits again if we sign Rogers to a smaller deal...man, would that be cool as hell.

I hope KW offered the right Kenny Rogers a contract...I don't want a damn country music singer to be our 5th starter! :D

This is sweet. I read somewhere a while ago that we pretty much had Ortiz until the Braves made that offer. Then we made a fair deal to Daal.

Man, this would be a sweet signing. I'd really be happy. You can never have too many pitchers, especially when you got 5 guys that can throw innings.

For the record, signing Rogers would give our staff 3 30/210 guys.

However, I don't believe that having new guys coming in that can do that is important...I think the fact that we had 3 guys do it last year for us is. Because of that, the guys that are still in the pen from last year(Glover, Marte, Wunsch) will be better because of it....I'd expect huge years out of those 3.

However, the rest of our bullpen WILL benefit from the fact that we have 5 guys that can pitch 200 innings....methinks the bullpen will like the fact that our rotation will throw 1050-1100 innings, barring injury, and that we have a lot of pitching depth(assuming we do in fact sign Rogers).

I really like our chances this year....more than last year. However, we better hope that one of Garland and Wright pitches really well this year, or atleast well enough that if we were to make it to the playoffs, Rogers wouldn't have to be used....his 9.47 ERA in the postseason is nothing to write home about.

Whre did you find that he was offered a contract?  I checked out chicagosports.com and didn't see it.

we are the only team in baseball with 4 30/190 guys...so im assuming when rogers says kenny will decide if he wants to join a staff that has 4 -30 /190 guys he is talking about the sox

I doubt the Sox's made an offer, with less then a week before ST Kenny Rogers will have to find a team, so Phil Rogers is just kinda stateing the obvious, saying he will made a decision this week.

Hopefully that decision is to play for us. It is going to be nice to have 2 lefties in the rotation and throw off course our opponents. I read he is good against the Twins and beating them is the key this year.

I doubt the Sox's made an offer, with less then a week before ST Kenny Rogers will have to find a team, so Phil Rogers is just kinda stateing the obvious, saying he will made a decision this week.

Hopefully that decision is to play for us. It is going to be nice to have 2 lefties in the rotation and throw off course our opponents. I read he is good against the Twins and beating them is the key this year.

He's a career Twins killer, even better last season.

Whre did you find that he was offered a contract?  I checked out chicagosports.com and didn't see it.

If you get the Cubune, like I do, and if you read it carefully, like I do, you can see it in the WHOLE spring training report on the page of the ST section.

In 2002:

Rogers vs White Sox:

5.40 ERA

0 Wins; 1 Loss

1 Game

6.2 Innings

8 hits

4 Runs all Earned

0 HR

3 BB

2 K'S

Sox hit .308 off Rogers

In 2002:

Rogers vs. Twins:

3.00 ERA

2 Wins; 1 Loss

3 Games

21 Innings

18 Hits

9 Runs; 7 earned

1 HR

10 BB

7 K'S

Twins hit .231 off Rogers

I think they made him the offer. I know it was rumored they were going to talk to him this weekend and he was going to make his decision this week.

Hopefully he wants to come to the Sox. I'd think Boston would be willing to offer more then the Sox. I don't know where Rogers is from, but to be honest, I wonder why he'd pick this Sox team over Boston. Maybe he realizes they got to get by the Yankees and we have a bad division where even if the Sox don't get past the Twins, they would still have an excellent shot at the wild card because of all the poor teams they play.

I know I want to see him signed.

If Rogers came, what would your plans be with Rauch?

Let him develop in the minors....get him some more minor league innings, making sure he is ready. Something like that.

i agree..rauch starts in charlotte..ptches every 5th day...no team goes through the entire season using only 5 starters so call up rauch when we need a spot start...and at some point in the season someone will go on the DL..rauch can take that pitcher's spot in the rotation or the pen

You start the season with Rauch is AAA. I'm assuming we'll have some AA headers where we can bring him up, but I'm also assuming we'll have some injuries whether it is to a reliever or a starter. Plus, you never know what Rogers does. He may eventually go into the bullpen as another lefty, with Rauch coming into the rotation.