MB

Soxfest

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured more people would be happy about this.

Remember last year, when the Sox renewed his contract for $15,000 less then what they were offering? And this year they were supposedly going to give him $430,000? And they ended up giving him $445,000?

A little simple math....445,000 - 430,000 = 15,000

He got his $15,000 back.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I figured more people would be happy about this.

Remember last year, when the Sox renewed his contract for $15,000 less then what they were offering?  And this year they were supposedly going to give him $430,000?  And they ended up giving him $445,000?

A little simple math....445,000 - 430,000 = 15,000

He got his $15,000 back.

oh im glad he signed but i find it very hard to believe that he turned down 5 years.............and the money.......

As do I.

I just read the supposed details of the deal that Mark turned down....apparently it was 3-years guaranteed, with the 4th and 5th being options...the 4th would be guaranteed if he pitched 200 innings in 2005.

Had he been guaranteed 4 years....he may have signed it. Oh well....the #1 priority in this up-coming offseason is to resign Colon and Buehrle to long term deals. And then Thomas too if he has a good year. Don't even f*** around with his options.

I think Buehrle needs new representation. Apparently someone's giving him some poor advice. That's way too much guaranteed money for a young pitcher to turn down. Way too much. Too big a gamble for a sensible agent to take with his pitcher's long term welfare.

I am waiting to hear more before I make judgments.

Mis-information has leaked out before on this matter.  Who knows?  I am waiting to hear more.

Regardless of whose "fault" it is this time, it's becoming more and more likely that Mark will bolt ASAP. That is not good news for the Sox organization.

well we have buehrle locked up for 4 more years counting this one...a lot things can change over that time...

True.

If this Sox team can live up to its potential and possibly win a World Champioinship or 2 in over the next few years, then we'll have lots of revenue coming in and we'll be able to spend the big bucks on free-agents and/or retaining our own players.

If this Sox team continues to disappoint (like it did in 2001 and especially 2002), we could be in for some bleak years in Chicago -- because the money will not be there when it comes time to keep this team in tact.

I read this at chisox.com...

***But with the addition of Bartolo Colon and the development of other young hurlers such as Jon Garland, Buehrle helps make up one of the stronger starting rotations in all of baseball. Of course, this long-term contract issue could be re-visited again next spring.

"We are always willing to listen," Hahn added. "But after trying three different structures, I'm not sure if we would be any more optimistic one year from now.***

That doesn't sound good.

For those who don't know, Hahn is the assistant GM.

No way did Mark turn down that $27 million deal. If he did, then either he really wants to escape the Sox, or he was never the player I thought he was.

He just thinks if he waits he can get one more year guaranteed. I have a hunch he'll have signed a long term deal by opening day.

Guest hotsoxchick1

now the official word i got was.. marks agent and kws team had a deal all talked out and ready for print and signatures.. it was run past jr and he was the one who said no way in hell.......so once again mark did not turn down this deal.... it was turned down for him from higher up.........i do expect to see some type of article from marks camp soon about it in the news ......at least thats what i hear anyhow......will clue you in on more as i get the word.........

Hey Buehrle can go wherever he wants in 6.

by then we'll have 3 pennants, the Cards will suck, and he'll be in his late twenties. any guy who would rather play for his boyhood team than a real good team who's offerin him money out the wazoo is still a boy. And baseball is a Man's sport (or woman's) not a boy's (or girls). We have no room or money for that kinda players.