Did Baldwin make The Royals?

Mathew

Sweeney is a hitting machine. Kind of reminds me of Edgar offensively. To think this guy was pretty much a nobody, not going to make the team after being around as a catcher for the Royals and then all of a sudden bam, he turns into a heck of a run producer.

I wonder how long the Royals will be able to afford to keep Sweeney around?  I imagine the impending dealing of Beltran will help, but at the rate they rid themselves of salaries, how long with it take for Sweeney to price himself out of KC?

didnt sweeney just sign a long term deal with them last season???

I wonder how long the Royals will be able to afford to keep Sweeney around?  I imagine the impending dealing of Beltran will help, but at the rate they rid themselves of salaries, how long with it take for Sweeney to price himself out of KC?

Yep, and there is an outclause that he can leave if he believes the Royals aren't trying to be competitive.

I wonder how long the Royals will be able to afford to keep Sweeney around?  I imagine the impending dealing of Beltran will help, but at the rate they rid themselves of salaries, how long with it take for Sweeney to price himself out of KC?

Yep, and there is an outclause that he can leave if he believes the Royals aren't trying to be competitive.

As a matter of a fact if the Royals are under .500 this year he can exercise that clause.

I'd look for him to get traded at the deadline....possibly to Arizona. If Kim makes their rotation and pitches well.....then they will have 1 spot for both Patterson and Batista....and then I assume one of those two will go to KC.

Maybe like Lyle Overbay, Patterson/Batista(I assume Batista), and then some others for Sweeney....that's what I'd do if I was the Royals.