Mags out for 3 months

JDsDirtySox

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
Least of all Ordonez, in terms of feeling sorry for.

He gets paid ... go figure.  All of a sudden this guy is coming down with rather strange ailments.  I mean, it can happen, but there sure is a funny smell.  He was as healthy as a horse here and in addition to the knee situation, a viral ailment and a hernia.  Let's get ptatc on this, he'll find out what's what.

Calling ptatc. :bang

It is within reason to miss an extended period of time due to a sports herina. Kendrell Bell from the Steelers missed about three months last year. I would be suspicious but it was the Tigers physicians who called it viral, then a hernia, then not a hernia then a hernia again. It does seems odd that he has never missed any playing time until the knee injury last year then this occurs.

I'm pretty sure the contract had some language about the cotract is guaranteed if he spends the 25 days on the DL due the knee this year only. After the first year it is guaranteed. If so, this may be a painful but good break for him because I don't believe his knee is healthy..

Edited by ptatc

It would be fitting for the Tiggers if the knee happens again NEXT year.

This is not the extended injury time every other team in MLB was worried about when they passed on Ordonez, but the Tigers took a chance and it bit them in the ass. It happens, oh well....