Interesting Post....

rangercal

From another forum

if a team were going to cheat by relaying signals, they wouldnt do it by helping out their whole line-up, for a few reasons.

1. you dont need your whole line-up to be tagging a pitcher to win a game

2. if the whole team had ridiculous home/away splits it would become too obvious.

3. the more you use the signal lights, the more chance someone notices them.

4. the more people who are in the know, the more chance it gets leaked.

therefore, you would then have to go about selecting what players to 'assist'

1. you would choose young player's, main reason being, a young player has yet to earn their millions from the game, so would be more than willing to do whatever he could to help his stats to get himself that big contract come FA time.

that leaves, Teixeira, Blalock, Young, Soriano, Mench.

2. you would choose players who will most likely be with your organisation for a long time, reason being, if a player changes team's, there would be a chance he exposes the scam.

that leaves Teixeira, Blalock and Young.

And, there's also Soriano who is a known 'stat man', I know when he was with the Yankees, he used to have T-shirts made with his stats on them to sell, he may still do that but I dont know. A guy who is proud of his stat's enough to make T-shirts displaying them is not very likely to ever expose his stats as being enhances by cheating, so we will keep him on the list.

that leaves, Teixeira, Blalock, Young, Soriano

3. you would only do it with power hitters, reason, to maximise the effect of the cheat, for example, if a low power hitter knows what pitch is coming, he will probably just line it for a double, but if you do it with a power hitter, good chance he will send it out.

that leaves Teixeira, Blalock and Soriano

so lets just have a look at the splits of those 3.

M.Teixeira

Home, 254 AB, .325 AVG, 25 HR, 69 RBI, 59 R, 37 K, 1.063 OPS

Away, 270 AB, .252 AVG, 9 HR, 38 RBI, 33 R, 65 K, .744 OPS

H.Blalock

Home, 261 AB, .314 AVG, 19 HR, 56 RBI, 48 R, 54 K, .941 OPS

Away, 270 AB, .237 AVG, 4 HR, 21 RBI, 22 R, 54 K, .624 OPS

A.Soriano

Home, 254 AB, .327 AVG, 20 HR, 61 RBI, 51 R, 39 K, 1.028 OPS

Away, 262 AB, .237 AVG, 11 HR, 27 RBI, 37 R, 62 K, .675 OPS

all the other Rangers hitters have very comparable home/away spilts, but these 3 have ridiculous splits, and they are the 3 who fit the profile of the type of players who you would assist if you were to cheat.

here's their combined numbers

Home, 769 AB, .322 AVG, 64 HR, 186 RBI, 158 R, 130 K, 1.010 OPS

Away, 802 AB, .242 AVG, 24 HR, 86 RBI, 92 R, 181 K, .681 OPS

I really wonder how these guys manage to sleep at night, they are blatant cheats, the game is the same when playing at home or away, its not like they have to use 2 foot long bats when playing away.

I see Buehrle has been getting critisized on these message boards, but when reading the boards, I like to keep in mind that half the population is of below average intelligence, and it doesnt take much intelligence to sign up for this message board.

No player is dumb enough to make these kinds of accusations just because they get hit around in 1 start, it's obviously a believe that several pitchers from several different teams have, and since Buehrle is a man of integrity, when he see's evidence of this cheating, he talks up about it, and doesnt just stay quiet like most would.

Most of the Ranger's players wouldnt even know it is going on, only those who need to know would know.

all the other Rangers hitters have very comparable home/away spilts, but these 3 have ridiculous splits,

This has me thinking the most. I dont think those 3 could benefit as much on the park being a "hitters" park without others benefiting a little too.

This was from espn

Texas DH Phil Nevin jokingly asked Rangers manager Buck Showalter why the lights weren't working when he went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts on Monday night.

If they are doing something. Obviously an aging,newly aquired player, like Nevin, would not be part of it.

Interesting quote from Rudy Jaramillo, the Rangers' hitting coach, "He can think whatever he wants. We had a plan, saw a flaw in his delivery and we went with it."

So was Mark tipping? Watch him real close next game.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:38 AM)
Interesting quote from Rudy Jaramillo, the Rangers' hitting coach, "He can think whatever he wants. We had a plan, saw a flaw in his delivery and we went with it."

So was Mark tipping?  Watch him real close next game.

Or is that a cover up? Is that what he wants us to think? We may never know.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
they never caught the second gunman on the grassy knoll. Perhaps he's the cheat

just saw this in a chat...no comment may mean he thinks buerhle is right but doesnt wanna get involved......or it could be nothing

Josh (Philadelphia): Are the Rangers cheating? Blalock is hitting .308 at home and .237 on the road. Should I only start him for home games?

Eric Karabell: I would start Hank Blalock at home and on the road. As for the Buehrle accusations, no comment. In fantasy, I would think most every team with Blalock on it doesn't have the luxury of spot starting him.