Does your Church make you feel like this?

Texsox

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
As a priest, I can tell you that priests politically break down pretty much as society does, republican and democrat, liberal and conservative.  Which I consider a shame.  From the gospel and our respective traditions, we should have the privilege of critiquing the entire political spectrum, engage in value-oriented debates.  Many, though, are in the hip pocket of one party or another.  :headshake

I would have figured priests were about even....just as catholics are about split as well.

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
As a priest, I can tell you that priests politically break down pretty much as society does, republican and democrat, liberal and conservative.  Which I consider a shame.  From the gospel and our respective traditions, we should have the privilege of critiquing the entire political spectrum, engage in value-oriented debates.  Many, though, are in the hip pocket of one party or another.  :headshake

wait, wait, wait--you're a priest?!?!?!

As much as I love to argue semantics and whether or not you truly believe that liberals kill babies - which I'm sure that you don't by the way - it frankly bores me and I'd like to counteract the perception that you have that liberals believe in abortion.

I guess liberals believe in abortion in as much as there is a procedure named abortion and that it happens on occasion. But I think liberals believe that abortion isn't a political issue. I think liberals believe that a woman has a right to choose what happens to her body and that the consequences she faces are her own, and not society's. I think that liberals believe that the question of when life begins is a complicated one and can't be summed up by all the Supreme Courts and Congresses put together, because its an issue that affects people deeply and personally. And I think liberals have different feelings on the issue and although most of them may think that an abortion option should be kept safe and legal, I think that this doesn't describe every bleedin heart out there. Because I think liberals think freely. Of course I think that conservatives think freely.

Of course reading posts in this forum would cause you to think otherwise...

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
As much as I love to argue semantics and whether or not you truly believe that liberals kill babies - which I'm sure that you don't by the way - it frankly bores me and I'd like to counteract the perception that you have that liberals believe in abortion.

I guess liberals believe in abortion in as much as there is a procedure named abortion and that it happens on occasion. But I think liberals believe that abortion isn't a political issue. I think liberals believe that a woman has a right to choose what happens to her body and that the consequences she faces are her own, and not society's. I think that liberals believe that the question of when life begins is a complicated one and can't be summed up by all the Supreme Courts and Congresses put together, because its an issue that affects people deeply and personally. And I think liberals have different feelings on the issue and although most of them may think that an abortion option should be kept safe and legal, I think that this doesn't describe every bleedin heart out there. Because I think liberals think freely. Of course I think that conservatives think freely.

On occasion? :headshake

As for the rest of it ... Call it what you want to, there are still babies being killed and most of them are being killed for the purposes of contraception.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)

Then why do they fight so hard against parental / spousal notification and doctor's offering alternatives?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
I need some advice.  Where can I buy something for a 3 week old fetus?  None of the stores seem to have that size.

Dude ... lose a child to miscarriage and see how you feel about it. I know many people that have agonized about that circumstance as much as anyone that has lost a child that has been born. And, I have lost a child, so I know what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately? You want a Godless America?  No wonder the liberals are dragging this country right down the s***ter.

I would love one, since there is no god.. If there is please show me proof..

One must ask the simple question

Did God create man, or did man create god to give their lives meaning?

personally I see the lader..

Edited by AnthraxFan93

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)

personally I see the later..

Amen

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)

personally I see the lader..

As is your right.