nice catch jose

Bmr31

I plead guilty. I have been one of the biggest supporters of Jose and was one of the biggest trashers of the man called Royce. I finally got to see the play last nite on WGN. He's got to catch the ball. End of story.

It's a shame that the only thing that'll be remembered about Sunday is that "Jose cost us the game". The reason it's a shame is because without him, we probably wouldn't have had a lead -- and certainly not a 3 run lead. He had a very nice game with the exception of that last play on a ball that should have been caught, even though it was by NO means an easy play. He was 2-3 with a single, double, walk, stolen base, a run scored (on a little flyball to SHORT left field, and he made a nice baserunning decision and scored), made a very nice leaping catch on a line drive, and helped the Sox turn 2 double plays. He could have been the player of the game had the Sox been able to hold on, but as it turns out, he'll be remembered as the goat.

Funny how things turn out sometimes.

It's a shame that the only thing that'll be remembered about Sunday is that "Jose cost us the game".  The reason it's a shame is because without him, we probably wouldn't have had a lead -- and certainly not a 3 run lead.  He had a very nice game with the exception of that last play on a ball that should have been caught, even though it was by NO means an easy play.  He was 2-3 with a single, double, walk, stolen base, a run scored (on a little flyball to SHORT left field, and he made a nice baserunning decision and scored), made a very nice leaping catch on a line drive, and helped the Sox turn 2 double plays.  He could have been the player of the game had the Sox been able to hold on, but as it turns out, he'll be remembered as the goat.

Thanks for all the info. Because of my cable situation I'm limited to WGN games and since we moved south I can't seem to get Rooney and Farmer for the nite games. Got to depend on Soxnetters to fill me in.

It's a shame that the only thing that'll be remembered about Sunday is that "Jose cost us the game".  The reason it's a shame is because without him, we probably wouldn't have had a lead -- and certainly not a 3 run lead.  He had a very nice game with the exception of that last play on a ball that should have been caught, even though it was by NO means an easy play.  He was 2-3 with a single, double, walk, stolen base, a run scored (on a little flyball to SHORT left field, and he made a nice baserunning decision and scored), made a very nice leaping catch on a line drive, and helped the Sox turn 2 double plays.  He could have been the player of the game had the Sox been able to hold on, but as it turns out, he'll be remembered as the goat.

Thanks for all the info. Because of my cable situation I'm limited to WGN games and since we moved south I can't seem to get Rooney and Farmer for the nite games. Got to depend on Soxnetters to fill me in.

No problem.

I, like you, used to be dependant on the internet for info, but this season I have the MLB Extra Innings deal through my cable company, so I get to see roughly 80% of the games. The other times I follow at CBSsportsline.com -- they have a simple, easy to follow update as the game is played. If you have a DSL or Cable modem, it's practically real-time (about a 5 second delay). With dial-up, it's more like a minute or so behind, but it's still better than trying to sift through SportsCenter for 30 seconds of highlights of the other team kicking our ass. :angry:

All this talk about StJoeE6 ( i like that name :P) costing us the game.

However lets not shift the blame form those that deserve it most.

1) JM - for his continued bumbling as far as handling the bullpen is concerned

2) the bullpen - lets face it they let us down. Sure jose f***ed up... but there was no reason that our great closer (BOTCH) should have loaded the bases with no outs.

3) Offense - quite frankly its offensive.

EVERY other shortstop in the majors makes that play easily. Put him back in CF.

I agree, but dont put him in CF, put him on the f***ing bench. Problem is, we dont have another SS worth replacing him.

I agree, but dont put him in CF, put him on the f***ing bench.  Problem is, we dont have another SS worth replacing him.

I just threw CF out there because the outfield is the only place they should let him go with a glove. The bench or home to Puerto Rico sounds just as good to me.

• Paper Bag 1

''I think it was something that can happen to anybody,'' Valentin said of the ball off his glove. ''I didn't think it was an easy play to do it. That's how everything goes here. I don't know if I should make that play or not. It's something that for me wasn't easy. I tried my best, I didn't get into it, I dropped it and we lost the game.''

:fyou This is the f***ing attitude this team has. f*** JM for allowing it. This is his 100% problem. Either fix it or ticket to f***ing retirement.

''I think it was something that can happen to anybody,'' Valentin said of the ball off his glove. ''I didn't think it was an easy play to do it. That's how everything goes here. I don't know if I should make that play or not. It's something that for me wasn't easy. I tried my best, I didn't get into it, I dropped it and we lost the game.''

:fyou This is the f***ing attitude this team has. f*** JM for allowing it. This is his 100% problem. Either fix it or ticket to f***ing retirement.

He said he dropped it, but wasn't sure if he should have caught it or not. For $5 million a year catch the f-ing ball or go home.

I don;t think these guys give a s*** if they win or loose. The only thing that would have pissed me off more is if he said "yeah I dropped it, but I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance . . ."

I don;t think these guys give a s*** if they win or loose. The only thing that would have pissed me off more is if he said "yeah I dropped it, but I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance . . ."

He feels bad for costing us the game. He is in defense mode.

Defense mode!? Well he just dropped another one . . .

LOL i meant hes being defensive about f***ing up the game. As far as dropping another one, the guys a butcher. What do you expect? :huh:

And when did he drop the "e" from his last name? Of course if he was a Valentine yesterday he would be marked return to sender.

To paraphrase Jimmy Buffet, If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane . . .

I cant stand Jose. He sucks and he points fingers at everyone but himself. And he aint perfect either. People who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

And btw, could you guys not edit major corrections into your posts? Minor grammatical errors are fine to edit but dont edit the entire post to correct yourself. Just do it in a whole new post. Editing the entire post makes the thread real hard to read...

And btw, could you guys not edit major corrections into your posts? Minor grammatical errors are fine to edit but dont edit the entire post to correct yourself. Just do it in a whole new post. Editing the entire post makes the thread real hard to read...

Wha? The only thing I ever do is edit for spelling or to add a couple of words to make a sentence make more sense. I don't change the main jist of the post, though. Shouldn't be hard to read/follow at all. Brando, on the other hand... :rolleyes:

Ok, this might be confusing, but bear with me and I think youll understand. On June 12th at 3:12 (it should say 4:12 since the thread didnt even exist at 3:12) you made a post, which CWsox quoted. Then the post changed and all you left for him was the bird and another smiley. Then CW changed a sarcastic post into the rightful green color. Either way, I was very confused on this thread...

Ok, this might be confusing, but bear with me and I think youll understand. On June 12th at 3:12 (it should say 4:12 since the thread didnt even exist at 3:12) you made a post, which CWsox quoted. Then the post changed and all you left for him was the bird and another smiley. Then CW changed a sarcastic post into the rightful green color. Either way, I was very confused on this thread...

I know what you're talking about.

CW made a comment, which I replied to. Then, he went back and changed his comment to green, so I had to change my reply accordingly.

That was easy enough to explain.

I know what you're talking about.

CW made a comment, which I replied to.  Then, he went back and changed his comment to green, so I had to change my reply accordingly.

That was easy enough to explain.

Yeah, except I never changed the color of any post to anything. I never "went back" and changed the color on anything. If I posted something in green, it was in green. If in black or any other color, then that color. I have never gone back and changed colors on something I posted. I've corrected a spelling error now and again, but never changed colors on a post. And I certainly didn't do it yesterday.

Now maybe somewhere in a nearly parallel universe someone else did, but the conspiracy therories here run amuck. :huh: