Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread

gojimthome

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SOX fans dont think Ozzies an "embarrassment". Its funny, but people only started using that word after a columnist SAID the Sox were an "embarassment". Ive heard it now more in the last couple of days then before. Your only saying that because thats whats been Written. Doesnt make it the truth

This guy redandwhite has been posting here for a long time. He is well known to have his opinions, and he has a lot of them, and he formulates them all on his own. Some of his opinions I agree with, and some of his opinions I don't.

Telling a poster he's making a certain statement only because it's been written is nothing short of rude, especially when the person making the accusation apparantly isn't familiar with the poster.

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
Ive never seen a die hard fan equally root 2 teams...guess your the first eh?

He doesn't root "equally". He's a Red Sox fan first and foremost.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He doesn't root "equally". He's a Red Sox fan first and foremost.

Correct. Thanks, Yasny.

I'm a diehard Red Sox fan, who watches and goes to White Sox games, following them pretty intensely to the point where my opinions and thoughts have some basis to them.

Had my parents not been divorced, and had I not moved to Chicago, I wouldn't be here right now. I bet RockRaines is kicking himself right now that he never got into counceling.

Edited by redandwhite

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
Correct. Thanks, Yasny.

I'm a diehard Red Sox fan, who watches and goes to White Sox games, following them pretty intensely to the point where my opinions and thoughts have some basis to them.

Had my parents not been divorced, and had I not moved to Chicago, I wouldn't be here right now. I bet RockRaines is kicking himself right now that he never got into counceling.

Glad you took that in the spirit it was intended. I was afraid that you may take that as a comdemnation. Not that way at all.

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
Why do you pretend you're a White Sox fan? your gigs getting old buddy.....not too mention how many "true fans" have 2 favorite teams anyways?? And about Ozzie's job being secure he just led us to our first World Series victory in 88 years and has this ballclub rolling again this year, Ozzie is goin NOWHERE nor should he

Hes not a Sox fan, I think hes a RedSox fan. He brought up a good point, I just think hes going with a perception thats being widely reported ..................

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
This guy redandwhite has been posting here for a long time. He is well known to have his opinions, and he has a lot of them, and he formulates them all on his own. Some of his opinions I agree with, and some of his opinions I don't.

Telling a poster he's making a certain statement only because it's been written is nothing short of rude, especially when the person making the accusation apparantly isn't familiar with the poster.

I think you mistakenly sent that to me, when you were supposed to be sending that to PeanutTillman.

I think you mistakenly sent that to me, when you were supposed to be sending that to PeanutTillman.

No mistake whatsoever.

Reference the post at 4:16 pm. "Your (sic) only saying that because thats what was written".

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)

How is it rude? Im hearing people say this left and right. They werent saying this on Sunday. Some visiting Cardinal fans the last 2 days said its "embarrassing" that Ozzie is making the SOX look bad. I told them how did they know that. They said they "heard". I said from where? They said theyve been reading in the papers that the SOX are embarrassing. I told them SOX fans werent embarrassed. Guy next to me agreed. About 5 random SOX Fans behind my row all said the writer writing that was full of BS, Sox fans arent embarrassed. SO how was it rude that I said RedWhite was making a comment mostly because of perception? If RedWhite had a different answer, Im sure he will let me know HIS opinion,

we dont need any Armchair Posting going on here. Whats rude is your continued nonsensical trashing of anything I say here. I thought you put me on "ignore". If not, please do so.

Thank You.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:57 AM)
How is it rude? Im hearing people say this left and right. They werent saying this on Sunday. Some visiting Cardinal fans the last 2 days said its "embarrassing" that Ozzie is making the SOX look bad. I told them how did they know that. They said they "heard". I said from where? They said theyve been reading in the papers that the SOX are embarrassing. I told them SOX fans werent embarrassed. Guy next to me agreed. About 5 random SOX Fans behind my row all said the writer writing that was full of BS, Sox fans arent embarrassed. SO how was it rude that I said RedWhite was making a comment mostly because of perception? If RedWhite had a different answer, Im sure he will let me know HIS opinion,

we dont need any Armchair Posting going on here. Whats rude is your continued nonsensical trashing of anything I say here. I thought you put me on "ignore". If not, please do so.

Thank You.

It might be a good idea for both of you to put each other on ignore.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 01:49 AM)
Ken Williams, four months ago:

"Ozzie is still growing into his position and the responsibility of his position, as well as am I. We'll continue to evolve in a way that is first class. ... We want to win in a first-class manner and be known as a first-class organization. We got a little bit of work to do, but we'll keep at it."

Ozzie Guillen cannot control himself, and his apologies are not apologies at all. Blaming everyone but yourself is not an apology, it's an embarrassment. The fact that he's turning this organization from one heading in the direction of first class to the gutter, all the while being a lackluster manager at best, only makes it harder to fathom why people want him in Chicago.

The funny thing is, when it comes to things that matter, like winning ballgames, Ozzie seems to be doing all right.

Ok.. let me get this straight - no pun intended...

Ozzie says something that many construe as rude and embarrassing... and it's only because the newspapers say it's rude and embarrassing that folks are now saying it's rude and embarrassing...?

Are there people out there really this blind and misguided that they need to be told what to think is rude and embarrassing...?

:huh

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
Please, don't make stupid unnecessary comments.

Agreed

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:00 PM)

Ozzie says something that many construe as rude and embarrassing... and it's only because the newspapers say it's rude and embarrassing that folks are now saying it's rude and embarrassing...?

hence the 500 and somthing posts on the subject, the numerous emails Mariotti is getting, the heated debates on all the radio talk shows, and the ESPN cover stories.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:00 PM)

Are there people out there really this blind and misguided that they need to be told what to think is rude and embarrassing...?

:huh

How rude!

And embarassing!

Just kidding. :)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The funny thing is, when it comes to things that matter, like winning ballgames, Ozzie seems to be doing all right.

You're right, it's just interesting that Kenny Williams concerns and main priority is to turn the Chicago White Sox into a first class organization, and to be a first class winning ballclub, when in turn Ozzie Guillen is ordering pitchers to throw at batters, yelling at them when they dont actually hit the batter, calling people ***gots, etc.

Obviously, you can't get rid of him. That was dumb of me to even bring up, I shouldn't have made my dislike for him so clear at three in the morning, nonetheless, I think its an interesting thing to debate.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
hence the 500 and somthing posts on the subject, the numerous emails Mariotti is getting, the heated debates on all the radio talk shows, and the ESPN cover stories.

Despite what you might believe, most folks don't need anyone else to tell them what is rude and embarrassing. Almost everyone I know has a mind of their own and a sense of what is offending to them. Suggesting that they need a newspaper or someone on television to tell them is offensive to them, IMO. Par for the course... :rolly

No one's telling me what to think. I hate Jay Mariotti just as much as the next guy, but its an embarrassing and wrong thing to say when you're in the position Ozzie Guillen is in.

You'd think he'd mature a little bit with age, and not have the same vocabulary that I and other teenagers have.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
You're right, it's just interesting that Kenny Williams concerns and main priority is to turn the Chicago White Sox into a first class organization, and to be a first class winning ballclub, when in turn Ozzie Guillen is ordering pitchers to throw at batters, yelling at them when they dont actually hit the batter, calling people ***gots, etc.

Obviously, you can't get rid of him. That was dumb of me to even bring up, I shouldn't have made my dislike for him so clear at three in the morning, nonetheless, I think its an interesting thing to debate.

Throwing at batters and admonishing a pitcher that doesn't do so ... that's baseball my friend.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)
How rude!

And embarassing!

Just kidding. :)

Acutally it is. It's rude to suggest that folks can't think for themselves, and it's embarrassing for those that suggest it. IMO, of course. ;)

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
No one's telling me what to think. I hate Jay Mariotti just as much as the next guy, but its an embarrassing and wrong thing to say when you're in the position Ozzie Guillen is in.

You'd think he'd mature a little bit with age, and not have the same vocabulary that I and other teenagers have.

R&W, I'm not at all directing my comments to you at all. I'm moreso targeting the Reynolds Wrap wearing folk..

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
Despite what you might believe, most folks don't need anyone else to tell them what is rude and embarrassing. Almost everyone I know has a mind of their own and a sense of what is offending to them. Suggesting that they need a newspaper or someone on television to tell them is offensive to them, IMO. Par for the course... :rolly

I agree. but others DO rely on that to formulate an opinion. The Cardinal fans Im not calling dumb, but they felt he might be "embarrassing" to the SOX. Because they READ that. Is RedWhite in Chicago now or on east coast??

This is by far the most overblown story of the year. Everyone needs to get overthemselves.

Marriotti is a tool (oh wait, can we not say that either)...

I think Dave Chappelle should be censored also while they are at it.

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
This is by far the most overblown story of the year. Everyone needs to get overthemselves.

Marriotti is a tool (oh wait, can we not say that either)...

I think Dave Chappelle should be censored also while they are at it.

Carpenters everywhere are up in arms!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
Acutally it is. It's rude to suggest that folks can't think for themselves, and it's embarrassing for those that suggest it. IMO, of course. ;)

R&W, I'm not at all directing my comments to you at all. I'm moreso targeting the Reynolds Wrap wearing folk..

and Im directing this at you Steff. A recent poll of SOX fans showed a majority of them dont think what Ozzie said was embarrassing. Who is embarrassed then? Everyone else it seems. Why are they suddenly in an uproar? Because a group of people cchose to make this a big deal. Whats so hard to understand about that? It isnt rude to suggest that someone is probably making a comment based on the witchhunt-mentality currently at play. Or is that too hard to understand? Or is none of this really happening Steff?