The Official [SCRUBS] Thread

juddling

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 11:29 PM)
I read that as well. If that's the case, I hope they make this the final season. This is by far my favorite show on television, but I don't want this show to ruin a good thing by going on too far. It'd be best for them to go out on a good note.

very true...you look at a show like That '70s Show that tried to go on after many of the main characters left, and it got quite bad. I'd be surprised if scrubs went past this season. I just got into the show when Comedy Central started showing reruns, and I'm kinda disappointed I hadn't watched it before that because it's hilarious.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 12:30 AM)
Wow, I hadn't heard that. The show would have to end seeing he is the main character.

Not surprised. He is having success making movies and has talent in that department.

It's been rumored for a bit, and there's also been rumors if the show goes on that they'd make Turk's character the main focus of the show.

QUOTE(rowandrules83 @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 12:32 AM)
very true...you look at a show like That '70s Show that tried to go on after many of the main characters left, and it got quite bad. I'd be surprised if scrubs went past this season. I just got into the show when Comedy Central started showing reruns, and I'm kinda disappointed I hadn't watched it before that because it's hilarious.

That 70's Show definitely came to mind for me.

I really got into the show during the 4th season, and my fandom's really escalated this past year. And it making it into syndication is great, as it's on at a lot of accessible times now. A lot of my friends have been commenting how they're really getting into the show as well thanks to syndication, cool stuff.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 07:47 PM)
Saw the Pilot episode for the first time today. Nothing has changed from that episode to the more recent ones. A riot!

Actually I think the show has changed quite a bit. The first season (first episode especially) was a lot less goofy than the newer episodes, they used less sound effects and music and also had a whole lot more ambient noise. The beginning of the first season showed what it was like for a guy fresh out of college to adjust to his new life in a hospital, it was still a funny show but it just had more of a serious feel to it than it does.

I wouldn't say the changes to the show have been a bad thing just that they have taken place.

The Scrubs pilot is probably the best I have ever seen, pilots are usually completely unwatchable but IMO the first episode of Scrubs is actually the best episode they've filmed to date.

Yeah, a lot of the fantasies and quirky stuff was all in JD's head in seasons 1-3, and the stuff started occurring a bit more in the real world during seasons 4 and 5. Seasons 1-3 are definitely the stronger ones, but the more I watch the 4 and 5, the more I like those. They're all pretty close.

I can't pick one favorite so I'll pick a couple from each season:

1: My Old Man (w/ John Ritter) and My Occurrence (w/ Brendan Fraser)

2: My Overkill and My First Step

3: My Catalyst (w/ Michael J. Fox) and My Screw Up (w/ Brendan Fraser)

4: My Cake, My Life in Four Cameras, and My Best Laid Plans

5: My Way Home and My Lunch

This show has to do one of the best jobs incorporating guest roles.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
I can't pick one favorite so I'll pick a couple from each season:

1: My Old Man (w/ John Ritter) and My Occurrence (w/ Brendan Fraser)

2: My Overkill and My First Step

3: My Catalyst (w/ Michael J. Fox) and My Screw Up (w/ Brendan Fraser)

4: My Cake and My Best Laid Plans

5: My Way Home and My Lunch

This show has to do one of the best jobs incorporating guest roles.

My Old Man, My Screw Up and My Lunch are probably my 3 favorite of the numerous guest appearances they've had. John C. McGinley is just outrageously good in My Screw Up and even better in My Lunch, the guy is just an amazing actor.

Actually My Cake has to be in my top 3 because of how great Tom Cavanaugh is as JD's brother, of course he was great in all 5 episodes he's appeared in.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
They couldn't have casted a better actor for the role of JD's brother; ZB and TC look a lot like.

If you didn't know who the actors were you'd think they were brothers, thank god Ed was on NBC and struggling for ratings or we may never have gotten to see Cavanaugh in that role.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
The Scrubs pilot is probably the best I have ever seen, pilots are usually completely unwatchable but IMO the first episode of Scrubs is actually the best episode they've filmed to date.

This is what I meant. The Pilot is all I have watched so far on Season 1 DVD.

Seinfeld is one of my fav shows of all time and the pilot was brutal.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
This is what I meant. The Pilot is all I have watched so far on Season 1 DVD.

Seinfeld is one of my fav shows of all time and the pilot was brutal.

Seinfeld was ok in season 1, good in 2-4, but then from season 5 and on, it had by far the best writing of any show I have ever seen. The way they incorporated everybody to everything was amazing. But, yeah, the Seinfeld pilot was horrible.

Edited by maggsmaggs