'Splain this to me

Huh?

So, Morris declared for the draft as a freshman, didn't hire an agent, went back to school, but he doesn't have to go through the draft now? That doesn't make any sense. Can he play right away? Does anyone know?

Edited by CanOfCorn

Yes he can play right away.

He declared for the draft, but never signed with an agent. After going undrafted he was allowed to return to college ball but the NBA CBA would not allow him to enter another NBA draft.

He could have left Kentucky in the middle of the season to go to the NBA if he wanted.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 12:18 PM)
Why would he sign with the Knicks?

Well since he did go undrafted the previous year, it was a wise decision to take the for sure bet that he gets on a team, Knicks was a good choice because they are looking to get younger and well hes young and fits in as most likely a bench player.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 07:47 PM)
Well since he did go undrafted the previous year, it was a wise decision to take the for sure bet that he gets on a team, Knicks was a good choice because they are looking to get younger and well hes young and fits in as most likely a bench player.

Ya I suppose but arent they strapped with cap room? So they cant pay that much. Also, if you can join any team I would rather join a contender.