White Sox vs. Yankees, 6/4/07 (W)

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 09:21 PM)
The Sox had one hit in the final 4.2 innings and 14 of the last 15 were retired.

They also had 6 hits off of relievers and 10 hits total. Give it a rest and enjoy the win.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
what was that windbag saying? never mind, I can bet the entire broadcast focused on the yankees and the fact that they're still alive.

Yeah, pretty much, that and rip on A-Rod for being a little b****. Sutcliffe mentioned something like 5 times that if he were Rodriguez he would have left the extra $100M from Texas on the table and accepted the $150M deal from the Mariners. Congrats to him really, I don't buy a f***ing word of it but he feels the need to mention it every f***ing inning.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
Um, yes he was. A pitcher can't pitch himself into a save situation

Maybe he meant that with a 6-1 lead, it wouldn't have been a save situation-- where after Jenks came in to clean up Thornton's mess, it was a save situation?

QUOTE(barnes @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 02:47 AM)
Maybe he meant that with a 6-1 lead, it wouldn't have been a save situation-- where after Jenks came in to clean up Thornton's mess, it was a save situation?

Three run lead or less for a save plus the tying runs on base or at bat make it the save

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 01:23 PM)
Matt DeSalvo (1-2, 5.40 ERA; 0-1, 3.1 IP, 4 ER VS. White Sox in 2007) vs. Jon Garland (3-3, 3.91 ERA; 1-0, 7IP, 1 ER VS. Yankees)

I figured it is my turn to try and turn this team around, as this is my first game thread of the year. Hopefully I bring some luck to the team!!!

:gosox3:

Good job! :) :gosox3:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
Yeah, pretty much, that and rip on A-Rod for being a little b****. Sutcliffe mentioned something like 5 times that if he were Rodriguez he would have left the extra $100M from Texas on the table and accepted the $150M deal from the Mariners. Congrats to him really, I don't buy a f***ing word of it but he feels the need to mention it every f***ing inning.

Sutcliffe is the same guy who b****ed and moaned himself out of LA and Cleveland crying about money, and is talking about someone taking the extra $100 million and saying its a mistake. He must be drunk again.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)
Three run lead or less for a save plus the tying runs on base or at bat make it the save

Good job! :) :gosox3:

Thank you! Hopefully it can continue tomorrow, and the rest of the week... now wouldn't that be nice.

I just got back from the game. Great game, minus the bullpen, but hey, a win is a win!

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you! Hopefully it can continue tomorrow, and the rest of the week... now wouldn't that be nice.

I just got back from the game. Great game, minus the bullpen, but hey, a win is a win!

where were your seats?