Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
I'll bet it ends up one of those "you can choose where you want to play" deals that ends up with him as a CB sooner than later. It's just Zook's pitch to get him, but when he realizes that there are three young backs better than him, he either transfers or switches back to a DB.

Right. If he decommitted in the 24th hour after being a solid verbal for 8 months, whats he going to do when Zook tells him he is going to be a safety?

Tenn sites are reporting Marlon Brown to OSU, I really hope thats true.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
Jenkins to Fla? I thought he was a USC lock.

Not sure who said that, he's been a Florida lock for a while. As for Appleton, I am not surprised. He recruitment was strange throughout, so it's fitting he would make a strange final decision. Even though Wisconsin occasionally gets receivers to the NFL, it's a traditional run first school with mediocre caretakers at quarterback. He will get a great education there though. Buchanan is a nice get for the Illini however, and they had a pretty good class when you consider they lost 3 of their best commits very recently. The problem of course though isn't recruiting, it's game day coaching.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
Not sure who said that, he's been a Florida lock for a while. As for Appleton, I am not surprised. He recruitment was strange throughout, so it's fitting he would make a strange final decision. Even though Wisconsin occasionally gets receivers to the NFL, it's a traditional run first school with mediocre caretakers at quarterback. He will get a great education there though. Buchanan is a nice get today for the Illini though.

Huh, I saw that on a board somewhere, shows what I know. Appleton is a pretty decent loss, but shouldnt hurt them too bad. I saw Telfort picked USC.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
Huh, I saw that on a board somewhere, shows what I know. Appleton is a pretty decent loss, but shouldnt hurt them too bad. I saw Telfort picked USC.

Nah the only reason I know this is I have a friend whose best friend plays at Florida (well sits on the bench, lol), and apparently Jenkins has been a silent verbal for Florida for a while, but wanted to take all of his visits anyways (and who can blame him with some of the stuff that happens on those?) Although actually, I think he only ended up taking 3 visits, but oh well.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
Wow he signed with ASU. Thats a complete shocker, #2 player out of Cali.

Lack of playing time available, eventually, will cause USC some problems recruiting in my opinion. Not big problems, but kids want to play early on.

And wow, Manti Te'o picks Notre Dame. Now that completely shocks me, he is deeply religious in the LDS church, from Hawaii, and he picks a Catholic school in Indiana?

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 08:50 AM)
Predictions for Michigan on Signing Day:

4* OL Quinton Washington (SC) - committed yesterday over South Carolina, Miami -LOI SENT TO UM THIS AM

4* WR Je'Ron Stokes (PA) - should go Blue over Tennessee and Illinois - 2:30 - 3:30 ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY

4* QB Denard Robinson (FL) - should go Blue over Florida and UCF. He wants PT so Tebow coming back hurt Florida's chances. UCF is local and making a big last minute push using PT as the bait. ANNOUNCED FOR MICHIGAN THIS AM

2* CB Adrian Witty (FL) - should go Blue. Teammate of Robinson above. Missed Jr. year and summer camps before Sr. year due to injury, so flew under the radar. High ceiling, but high risk due to the injury. ANNOUNCED FOR MICHIGAN THIS AM

Michigan will hopefully get one of the following two DT's (getting both would be a surprise)...

4* Pearlie Graves (OK) - also looking at Texas Tech. Oklahoma flirted with him late. Also visited Tennessee. He committed to Michigan but has been very soft for a long time. CHOSE TEXAS TECH

4* DaQunita Jones (MS) - another soft Michigan verbal. Also visited Tennessee, Arkansas and Auburn. Late word has it he is leaning toward Arkansas, but like Graves, the word seems to change daily. LOOKING MORE AND MORE LIKE ARKANSAS - Tennessee & Auburn reportedly eliminated

The longest of long shots...

4* DE Sam Montgomery (SC) - North Carolina seems to lead here, but he also is looking at LSU and Tennessee. Michigan is the only school Sam's mother did not join him on the visit. I think Momma wants him to stay closer to home. CHOSE LSU

See updates in the quote box

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
Lack of playing time available, eventually, will cause USC some problems recruiting in my opinion. Not big problems, but kids want to play early on.

And wow, Manti Te'o picks Notre Dame. Now that completely shocks me, he is deeply religious in the LDS church, from Hawaii, and he picks a Catholic school in Indiana?

Holy crap thats a shocker. ND really swooped in on that one. Did he even visit there? Didnt he visit all west coast schools? Is there a briefcase of unmarked bills sitting in his bedroom right now?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
Holy crap thats a shocker. ND really swooped in on that one. Did he even visit there? Didnt he visit all west coast schools? Is there a briefcase of unmarked bills sitting in his bedroom right now?

He visited Notre Dame, but I tend to agree with the unmarked bills comment in that this one is a little fishy.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
He visited Notre Dame, but I tend to agree with the unmarked bills comment in that this one is a little fishy.

I didnt even think he took an official there. I thought it was USC, BYU, UCLA and Stanford. There is nobody who isnt shocked by this one.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:16 AM)
I didnt even think he took an official there. I thought it was USC, BYU, UCLA and Stanford. There is nobody who isnt shocked by this one.

He did take an official to Notre Dame in November according to rivals and scout. Still a shocker though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
Radio out of Knoxville has Marlon Brown wearing OSU gear in school, makes me think its a pump fake and he will actually choose UGA.

I don't get why kids do that, didn't Shaun Livingston wear Illinois gear the day he chose Duke? And another example of this happened yesterday. A girl I know who goes to USC lives next door to Byron Moore, who is a top football prospect. She saw him yesterday in Notre Dame stuff, and today he picked USC in ESPNU. I get when kids switch commitments or wait until the last second to decide and weigh their options, but pump faking is just a dick move.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
I don't get why kids do that, didn't Shaun Livingston wear Illinois gear the day he chose Duke? And another example of this happened yesterday. A girl I know who goes to USC lives next door to Byron Moore, who is a top football prospect. She saw him yesterday in Notre Dame stuff, and today he picked USC in ESPNU. I get when kids switch commitments or wait until the last second to decide and weigh their options, but pump faking is just a dick move.

Its pretty dumb IMO, but im sure the kids think its fun. Thats basically the only player out there that OSU is really hoping for and needs, but he'll prob stay south.