F Cordero

TimTebow15

I don't know... Cordero's stats, at least last year, look quite a bit better - ERA/BB/K/WHIP, etc. Obviously they're not exactly comparable, given that Cordero is a closer, but his career stats are more compelling too, considering that he's pitched mostly in the AL rather than spending his whole career in the NL.

Not mad about the Linebrink deal, but I'm not ready to be thrilled over it, either. Seems like a lot of years. However, I think Cordero's deal is waaay overblown - the guy's getting Mariano Rivera money, practically. So is it two bad deals or just one? Can't tell yet.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
There is no reason to be thrilled with the Linebrink signing. He provides an upgrade, sure, but he's not a stud stopper by any stretch of the imagination.

He's no stud, but given what's available he was a good signing, no closer would come to our team to be a set up guy.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
The Brewers lost Linebrink and Cordero. They may be desperate for a reliever now. Maybe somebody like MMac in a package for Hall?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Sell Mike Mac and get someone to play LF or CF out of it.