AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

Rowand44

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 30, 2008 -> 08:00 AM)
I think most of the people out in the St Pete area are transplants. Maybe they are fans of other teams? :huh

That, plus an older population (as mentioned by others), and the generally very laid back personalities for your typical Floridians. 2 teams was 1 too many.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ May 29, 2008 -> 10:54 PM)
Yeah LOST ruined watching one of the most complete games the Sox have had this season, if this offense starts to heat up...look out.

I'm with you guys. I watched the game in between commercials with my wife yelling at me to make sure we didn't miss a second of lost! LOL.

I think most of the people out in the St Pete area are transplants. Maybe they are fans of other teams? :huh

I think that has a lot to do with it, same thing in Arizona. IIRC the D-backs has trouble selling out their playoff games last year, and that was even with all the Chicago people going too.

It was a weeknight while school is going on. Nobody knew what that team would be now and there can still be doubt.

Now if they draw 13K over the weekend that is bad but the Sox were not a road draw at the beginning of the season as well.

And I agree Sox fans can not berate anyone in regard to attendance.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 30, 2008 -> 12:16 AM)
A grocery store is friendly too...probably has about the same amount of people as well.

On top of that, those good deals on tickets, drinks, food, and seating...yeah, that's a byproduct of low attendance. With high attendance, ushers are dicks, tickets are expensive, food costs an arm, drinks cost a leg, and the seating is obstructed/nosebleed. So you can get b****ed at by an usher while hobbling around on one leg, somehow carrying a drink and some food with one arm while you're nose is bleeding and you essentially just got pickpocketed.

No, I've never been there and I'm still not ashamed to say it's a dump. It's dark, it's dreary, and the team has been downright dreadful in it's entire existence. One the new park opens, it'll be a completely different story.

All valid points. But it is not as dark and dreary as it appears on TV. I personally thought it was more comfortable to watch a game there than at a place like Wrigley (although that might be because Wrigley is always filled to capacity with complete douches). I think the low attendance has more to do with the fact the Rays have been so awful from the beginning, it can't be easy building a fanbase when there's nothing to cheer about.

Also, a new park won't guarantee that attendance will increase greatly. If you want proof, look at the Nationals, who haven't seen any meaningful spikes in their new park. It could be that Tampa was just a crappy city to give a franchise to.

Good point... probably a lot of Yankees fans. But then again they're everywhere.