You know what I hate?

lostfan

Since some of us, myself included, are guilty of listing things we hate in the unpopular thread, so apparently a thread like this is necessary. Things that drive me bats***:

-People who slow down suddenly and put their signal on at the last minute, and take forever to make a simple right turn

-Assholes who weave recklessly in and out of traffic and cut multiple people off. Speeding is fine but don't endanger other drivers because you need to cut 3 minutes off your 30 minute drive

-People who drive with their brights on down unlit streets that bend (there aren't a whole lot of those in Chicagoland I know) because I can't f***ing see the road, almost hit trees a couple times

-People who drive well under the speed limit on 2-lane roads with nobody in front of them and a double yellow line

-People who don't realize how horribly they are driving when they're on the phone. And b**** about laws related to it

-Drunk drivers

I could go on all day about traffic.

-People who interrupt me when I'm talking. My new way to deal with people who do this often is to just abruptly stop talking and not answer, when I'm asked why I'm being quiet, I say obviously what you're saying is more important than what I was saying so I've decided not to talk out of respect.

-People who mumble, then when you say "huh" or "what" they reply with "huh" or "what" as if what *I* said was really hard to understand

-People who try to tell me what my job is and/or how to do it

-People who give me unwanted, usually bad parenting advice, typically in a condescending manner, lecturing me on how to raise my own kids

-People who are condescending but don't realize they are stupid and have no reason to be condescending

-Cubs fans (not the cool ones, the stereotypical bleacher bums of which there are many)

-People who talk in the movies

-Loud ass barking dogs

-Having my time wasted or poorly utilized by someone else

-People who insist on talking politics with me - which is fine, I'm a political junkie - but whose knowledge is limited to stereotypes and embrace their own ignorance

There's more but I'll stop for now so you guys don't think I'm a psychopath. :D

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-People who slow down suddenly and put their signal on at the last minute, and take forever to make a simple right turn.

I was just talking about this to my friend. I don't know why, but this seems to be getting worse.

I don't know if its just me, but everytime I get in line at a store, the person in front of me always takes forever to buy something. I'm cursed when it comes to picking which line will move faster.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 08:41 AM)
I don't know if its just me, but everytime I get in line at a store, the person in front of me always takes forever to buy something. I'm cursed when it comes to picking which line will move faster.

How about people who still write checks at the grocery store. For crying out loud get a debit card.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 09:42 AM)
How about people who still write checks at the grocery store. For crying out loud get a debit card.

I was buying a pack of batteries or something at Walgreen's a few years back and I was in a good mood, there was an old lady behind me so I let her get ahead of me since she didn't have much. She was happy, it made me feel good, and everything was cool until she took out her Crown Royal bag with the hundreds of f***ing pennies to pay for it. My god. It took forever to count. I'm thinking "why'd this b**** let me let her in front of me when she knew she was gonna take forever, and I'd have taken 20 seconds to ring up?"

Moral of the story: don't let old ladies in front of you in line.

Babies and toddlers at rated R movies after 9pm. Either find the baby sitter or stay at home.

People who think its okay to cut you off in their car, as long as they give you the quick wave.

The unwashed who think that a cologne bath will fix their issues.

People who pull the grandmaster bud bundy look and have their pants hanging below their waist. Wear a belt or pull up your damn pants.

The emo look in general. Are you a girl, are you a boy. Make up your mind.

I hate people that, when I'm holding the door open for them, put their hand on it to "hold" it open. Apparently they think I'm only tricking them and plan to slam it shut on them just as they walk into the doorway!

Another one:

People that wave me on at a 4-way stop AFTER I've already waved them on! I'm not going to get pissed off if you accept my wave. I was trying to be nice, not start a wave-off!

Edited by mreye

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
Babies and toddlers at rated R movies after 9pm. Either find the baby sitter or stay at home.

+1

I can't believe they just don't allow people with babies and toddlers into R rated movies in the first place.

The TNT network. My wife and I were flipping the channels Saturday night and noticed that Castaway was just about to start on TNT and she had never seen it. I agreed to watch it with her since I enjoyed the movie the first time I saw it. What an unbelievably annoying 3 hours. That stupid network thinks it's a great idea to have little advertisements pop up in the corner of the screen every 45 seconds. And I'm not talking about text only. They have the actual actors pop up and stare at you for 20 seconds. WTF is that all about?!? What a terrible movie going experience. We will never watch another movie on that network ever again.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 09:13 AM)
+1

I can't believe they just don't allow people with babies and toddlers into R rated movies in the first place.

I agree and disagree. Over the summer I saw a ridiculous amount of movies during the day with Bri because all she did was slept. And on the rare occasion she was awake she just watched the screen silently. But I do agree there should be a cut off time for all movies for babies and toddlers.

QUOTE (Steff @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
I agree and disagree. Over the summer I saw a ridiculous amount of movies during the day with Bri because all she did was slept. And on the rare occasion she was awake she just watched the screen silently. But I do agree there should be a cut off time for all movies for babies and toddlers.

We were referring to R rated movies. I could see the case for kids movies but when I'm watching Kill Bill I don't want babies crying next to me.

I hate people who can't be bothered to RSVP. Seriously... is it that much trouble to make a call or shoot an email? The person inviting you went out of their way to send you an invitation and you, you ignorant f***, can't be bothered to respond.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 09:20 AM)
We were referring to R rated movies. I could see the case for kids movies but when I'm watching Kill Bill I don't want babies crying next to me.

I took Bri to many rated R movies over the summer. I'm saying there should be a time cutoff. If you aren't in Kill Bill at 2 in the afternoon why can't I go see it with her?

Ads for "male enhancement" (penis enlargement) pills, which are very obviously a scam, it's mind-numbing to me that these commercials are even allowed on TV since they're overtly advertising fraudulent business practices. There is no such thing, they may as well be advertising a one-dose AIDS remedy.

On the same subject, ads for ED-related pills that come on constantly during sporting events. However, at least these are legit.

Graphic, or descriptive ads for sexual enhancement pills (also legit at least) that come on the radio when it's not late at night. Come on now, I have kids in the car sometimes. 100% inappropriate, and they come on so often.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
I could give a s*** if people bring their kids to movies. It's when the kids/babies start crying that pisses me off. GTFO

That I completely agree with. Luckily Bri's a pretty content baby and I haven't had this issue but if/when I do it's out of the theater asap. And it's not like it just comes out of nowhere. Babies give you plenty of notice that they are unhappy before they start crying.

QUOTE (Steff @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)

During the day is fine. Its a different movie experience. But late at night on a friday is a different story. I was at a movie, where 2 familes, brought 3 toddlers, and 2 babies to see a scary movie. By about 20 minutes in, the toddlers are screaming, and the parents are fighting with the people in the theater because its their god given rights to bring kids to the 10:20 showing because they bought a ticket. Eventually they were ejected, but it ruined the movie experience.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 09:32 AM)
During the day is fine. Its a different movie experience. But late at night on a friday is a different story. I was at a movie, where 2 familes, brought 3 toddlers, and 2 babies to see a scary movie. By about 20 minutes in, the toddlers are screaming, and the parents are fighting with the people in the theater because its their god given rights to bring kids to the 10:20 showing because they bought a ticket. Eventually they were ejected, but it ruined the movie experience.

I agree with you. That's completely ridiculous. The cut off should be 3pm, IMO.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 10:34 AM)
Call me a prude but I don't see any scenario where it's cool to bring toddlers and babies to R rated movies.

Meh, if they're sleeping or whatever they have no idea what's going on. I wouldn't bring my 2-year old to the movies though because I know I can't control him for the whole movie.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
Meh, if they're sleeping or whatever they have no idea what's going on. I wouldn't bring my 2-year old to the movies though because I know I can't control him for the whole movie.

Movies are very loud at the theater. Chances of a baby sleeping throughout are slim.

On a similar not, I hate the tools who, even after the several reminders on screen, forget to turn the ringer off on their phones and/or take calls during a movie. One of these days I'm going to snatch someone's phone out of their hand and toss it to the front of the theater.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 08:42 AM)

No.

I refuse.

I love to write checks at the grocery store. Love, love, LOVE it.

:D

Of course, I do fill everything out in advance so all that has to be entered is the amount.

If that takes too long for you, there's always the self-checkout.