Game Thread: Pit @ CWS, 6:05 start WGN

shipps

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ May 23, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
I really despise Clayton's "No Stuff-Stuff", cause it might look good, sometimes even dominant in the early innings than the hitters realize he's just throwing the same 2 pitches and start whacking away....

It reminds me of Bobby Howry. Guy's really just a high-inside Two-seamer, with a slider that hardly slides. With a little work though i think we can get something out of CR.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 23, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
This is gonna be a LOOOOOONG game. Wow. Owned again by an unknown pitcher. Hopefully he explodes in the next 7 innings.

I'll wait more than 6 batters before saying we're getting owned.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2009 -> 11:48 PM)
Actual good swings or good swings as compared to the normal Fields/Getz swing?

No, they both did what they were supposed to do. Just hit it right at people. Ohlendorf has nothing on his pitches, and he's up in the zone with his sinker. This team continues to be one of the worst scoring teams in the first 3 innings of a game I've ever seen.

Edited by fathom

Quentin has got to stop swinging at the first pitch. He's making himself too easy of an out. It was amazing to see last night how far over towards center the RF was for the Pirates.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
Quentin has got to stop swinging at the first pitch. He's making himself too easy of an out. It was amazing to see last night how far over towards center the RF was for the Pirates.

Fields and AJ would be wise to do the same. It's not like the pitches are that good half of the time either.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 24, 2009 -> 01:14 AM)
Fields and AJ would be wise to do the same. It's not like the pitches are that good half of the time either.

I'm fine with Fields doing it, as he's struggled when down in the count this season.