Game Thread: Pit @ CWS, 6:05 start WGN

shipps

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ May 23, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)
I know for a fact that Jason will not be posting for a couple days because he is not as dedicated as I am.

Besides the Rally Poo has brought this team good fortune, I am convinced of that for certain.

You are lucky they won, otherwise I would have had to :whip your ass...wait...what?

:ph34r:

QUOTE (Cali @ May 23, 2009 -> 06:24 PM)
I really despise Clayton's "No Stuff-Stuff", cause it might look good, sometimes even dominant in the early innings than the hitters realize he's just throwing the same 2 pitches and start whacking away....

He just held one of the best hitting teams in baseball to two runs over seven innings and shutout Pittsburgh over six. He seems to be figuring it out versus getting worse. This is a guy who last year would get through the order once before imploding.

Richard deserves a lot of credit. Why do we have someone criticizing him? Joey Cora on the post game said the kid was using all his pitches and mixing them up but came in with the heat up to 96 MPH at times. He hit his locations, etc. etc. I like some of our young talent and he is up there.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 23, 2009 -> 06:24 PM)
I really despise Clayton's "No Stuff-Stuff", cause it might look good, sometimes even dominant in the early innings than the hitters realize he's just throwing the same 2 pitches and start whacking away....

Do you say the same thing about Mark Buehrle? Just wondering.

And no, not comparing them, yet - just saying that MB only has a couple of pitches, yet he's pretty effective.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 23, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)
Do you say the same thing about Mark Buehrle? Just wondering.

And no, not comparing them, yet - just saying that MB only has a couple of pitches, yet he's pretty effective.

I'd say he's got more than a couple......fastball, curve, change, cutter, all of which he can throw for strikes.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 23, 2009 -> 10:53 PM)
I'd say he's got more than a couple......fastball, curve, change, cutter, all of which he can throw for strikes.

I would think the Cutter is the only one that is a plus pitch. The one thing that makes Mark special is that he has pinpoint control.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2009 -> 11:06 PM)
I would think the Cutter is the only one that is a plus pitch. The one thing that makes Mark special is that he has pinpoint control.

And he changes speeds. Plus he fields his position, has a great move to first, he works quick, attacks hitters, has the perfect mentality, and he knows hitters' tendencies. There's a whole lot that makes him special.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 24, 2009 -> 01:30 AM)
And he changes speeds. Plus he fields his position, has a great move to first, he works quick, attacks hitters, has the perfect mentality, and he knows hitters' tendencies. There's a whole lot that makes him special.

From a pure "pitch" standpoint, he's only got one "plus" pitch.

It's all the other things that you mention that makes him "good", most of which is intangible stuff.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 23, 2009 -> 08:27 PM)
theu had the wave go around three times past me tonight, unreal

yeah the wave is awful. Everyone is paying attention to the f***ing wave meanwhile Dye is launching a homerun that people dont even see until its into the bullpen. I did not even think about feeding into it although my whole section did.