Better chance at winning the Central Division?

southsider2k5

Central champs?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best chance at winning a Central Division Title as of today?

• White Sox
    • Cubs
    • Both
    • Neither

Although I'm not convinced the Sox have a good or even decent chance of winning the division, I feel that they stand a better chance of doing it than the Cubs...right now. The Cubs are faltering, but that won't last. What will last, I believe, is their inability to pull it together. There's a lot of talent on that team that doesn't seem to play well together. The Sox may have less talent, but there seems to be a better cohesiveness. I hope, anyway. Plus there's the fact that the AL Central is a very weak division. The NL Central is a bit stronger.

The Brewers have one quality starting pitcher. If they don't trade for another one (Peavy?), there's no way their pitching staff will hold up. The Tigers right now have got a very strong pitching staff, and they have a decent pitcher in Bonderman waiting in the wings. Oh, and if the Sox could play the Pirates 17 more times this season, I'd say they'd have a better chance at making a run.

Also, the Cardinals are a much better candidate to win the NL Central than the Brewers. Have you seen the Brewers offense since Weeks went out? Hopefully Carpenter and Wainwright can stay healthy, and Ludwick/Ankiel return.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2009 -> 09:43 AM)
The Brewers have one quality starting pitcher. If they don't trade for another one (Peavy?), there's no way their pitching staff will hold up. The Tigers right now have got a very strong pitching staff, and they have a decent pitcher in Bonderman waiting in the wings. Oh, and if the Sox could play the Pirates 17 more times this season, I'd say they'd have a better chance at making a run.

Also, the Cardinals are a much better candidate to win the NL Central than the Brewers. Have you seen the Brewers offense since Weeks went out? Hopefully Carpenter and Wainwright can stay healthy, and Ludwick/Ankiel return.

The Brewers have one thing they never did though, a closer. Their offense is no concern even without Weeks, and where the Cardinals are also very good, they also have their question marks and health concerns all over the field.