6/10 Kitties vs. Sox @ 7:11

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 06:53 PM)
Well to be fair, not stealing means we need an extra-base hit by Getz (not likely) or two hits in a row (also not likely) or a Getz walk and a hit (unlikely as well). So the SB makes only one hit necessary.

If you can actually do it correctly. Verlander has a fairly good fastball.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
I feel really good about Danks tonight. A great turnaround from his last start.

Of course it coexists with a horrible offensive game. Figures as much. When we do score runs like yesterday, the pitching s***s. It's just all not working.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 08:53 PM)
Well to be fair, not stealing means we need an extra-base hit by Getz (not likely) or two hits in a row (also not likely) or a Getz walk and a hit (unlikely as well). So the SB makes only one hit necessary.

BA is 4-9 with a walk v. Verlander in his career. If Getz had reached a hit wouldn't be out of the question by any means. Plus that means they are further from the top of the order with the last two innings coming up.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 01:55 AM)
I feel really good about Danks tonight. A great turnaround from his last start.

If PK and CQ are out for an extended period, I don't know if I'd rather have Danks have a real good start like this and we lose or the Sox win 10-7 and Danks looks like crap again. I think I'll take this outcome.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
Not sure why we didn't try to steal 2nd then bunt to 3rd, actually

I always hope for this but it never happens. Wait for a breaking ball count and send him.