White Sox @ Twins, 7:10

witesoxfan

5 more games in that dump.

I wonder if it got a bit "cooler" in the Dome during Fields & CQ's last at-bats.

Danks pitched well, CQ should've had a couple of hits, and Linebrink pitched a decent 8th.

Here's hoping Burls brings his best stuff again tomorrow night.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 02:36 AM)
And now the Cubs are threatening. Could this night get any worse?

You'll be much more peaceful with what happens in the NL if you just assume Cubs will win the NL Central, and then you hope 3 good teams make it besides them in the Dodgers, Phillies, and Cardinals.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
I'm willing to bet that we dominate them in their new stadium, much like we dominate them at home.

I'm not too sure...i haven't seen their dome come into play in their last victories against us,they just play smarter and are more fundamentally sound and Gardenhire just out manages Ozzie,but i could be wrong

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
Even though he was an .816 OPS against LHP this season, and is the best defensive player on the roster.

I hate to sound like Hawk, but has he done anything in the clutch for us?

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
Yeah the Tigers could come back and win...

Exactly. WHo cares about the friggin Cubs?

Some fans need to get their priorities straight.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
Yes, I absolutely will criticize a guy whose job is to get a good pitch to hit and extend the game, who swings at the 1st pitch at an alarming rate. you take pitches, and you get a good pitch to hit, If you don’t get a pitch to hit, you don’t swing. AJ doesn’t this s*** all the time, I love him, but it’s true.

I don't necessarily disagree with your point that AJ swings at s***ty pitches, I just hate the ridiculous assumption that the prospects we call up are going to do the job better than who we currently have. With the exception of Beckham right now, that almost never seems to be the case. As long as our catcher is hitting over .300, I don't really care what pitches he swings at.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 08:03 PM)
I've been saying how bad the Alexei/Getz DP combo is all year. Getz doesn't throw hard enough to turn it, and Alexei seems tentative with his tosses to 2nd and he can't get anything on the throw to first. I don't care if it's a rookie DP combo, that doesn't mean it's not killing us this season.

Spot on.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 02:40 AM)
I don't hate the Cubs as a team like I do the TWins or Tigers, I just hate their fans.

I got about 20 e-mails at work saying "guess what, Cubs are in first" today. I don't think I had even talked about baseball with half of them this season.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
I don't feel like digging through BR, if you want to, you are more than welcome, but his numbers tell me he has been productive vs. LHP, and my eyes have told me he plays a very good 2B. He has a place on this roster, and is/can be a useful piece.

I just said, I like him as a utility man, but he plays too much for my liking.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 02:40 AM)
Has anyone?

Getz has been pretty good late in games. You're right though, we had just terrible hitting from the 7th inning on it seems all year. How many game winning hits have we even had at home this year? Beckham's vs the Cubs, but who else?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:41 PM)
I got about 20 e-mails at work saying "guess what, Cubs are in first" today. I don't think I had even talked about baseball with half of them this season.

I went Saturday with a buddy of mine who likes both. I just hate all the fans who know nothing about the team and pretend they are die-hards. Some guy behind us was wearing lots of Cub gear and didn't even know Gregg's name. He just said "our closer who throws from the top."

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)
Getz has been pretty good late in games. You're right though, we had just terrible hitting from the 7th inning on it seems all year. How many game winning hits have we even had at home this year? Beckham's vs the Cubs, but who else?

Exactly why Getz needs to be playing more.