Chicago @ Seattle Gamethread

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 02:58 AM)
I'm not sure I am ready to lump Thome into this bashing...seems to me he has been fairly productive lately...is that perception incorrect?

Yeah, I've been trying to make this more about Dye and Konerko, as Thome's hit a lot of home runs recently.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
No intensity, especially from the veterans. It's really frustrating to watch. I'm just thankful we didn't mortgage the future for this season.

AJ, Beckham, Getz, and Q are the only guys even giving halfway decent at bats right now

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
No intensity, especially from the veterans. It's really frustrating to watch. I'm just thankful we didn't mortgage the future for this season.

Same as the second half last year and in 2006. (2007=irrelevant.) Same lousy at-bats. Same terrible body language. Same general appearance of old badness.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 03:02 AM)
Same as the second half last year and in 2006. (2007=irrelevant.) Same lousy at-bats. Same terrible body language. Same general appearance of old badness.

Have we had a good 2nd half team at all this decade?

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
Sweet throw to the cut-off man's feet by Jermaine. He's really getting it done all around out there. LOL.

It's so utterly confusing why they added an OF though right Jermaine??

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 03:07 AM)
Guys seem to be inspired by the acquisition of Rios.

I said when the rumor about the waiver claim came out that if the Sox got Rios, I really thought the clubhouse morale would get really bad. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
Need to really shake things up. Ozzie rant at an ump. Ozzie spout off to press. Take advantage of Rios' arrival and sit JD for 2 instead of one. Move CQ up in order. Something to defibrillate this team. It's dead emotionally.

We'll see Rios and Wise tomorrow. Count on it. (Yes, I'm serious.)

So one of our starters finally is having a good start and we do nothing for him. Not Jake Peavy or any other player can help this team unless our hitters get their heads out of their asses and start swinging well. I am so sick and tired of watching the same pull-pull-pull approach every goddam year.