2005 Sox Best World Series Team of the Decade?

palehose23

QUOTE (joeynach @ Dec 24, 2009 -> 06:55 AM)
Me too, I remember the same feeling. I went to game 1 against Bos with my dad and I will never forget it. Partly because it was Yom Kippur and we totally skipped going to temple for the game, and of course when we were talking about it in our seats everyone around us was like..yeah us too we skipped temple for the game....lol!! Of course we were nervous, we didn't really know how the sox would respond in the playoffs, it was the first playoff appearances for much of the team. But man when they started pounding Matt Clement all over the field and scored like 8 runs in the first few innings you just knew they would be fine. I think even Pods hit a homer that game too. It was like a Wow, we defiantly deserve to be here, we can defiantly win in the playoffs, great feeling.

I was at games 1 and 2. Game 1, once JD hit that HR to right field, there was no doubt.

Game 2, I took my father to for this 60th BDay, cost me 4Gs for two tix 10th row 3rd base line.... sitting in the 45F cold and rain was brutal, when PK hit that GS I didn't think it possible to feel that high, when Jenks gave up the tie, I didn't think it possible to feel that low. I have 3 kids who I love more than anything in the world, but when Pods hit that walkoff and the park exploded in a way that you had to be there to comprehend, I can say in total honesty, the feeling was better than becoming a father, and that's really saying something...

I'm fourth generation die hard Sox fan, and losing that game in the ninth or extras, for something I planned so hard and spent so much to make happen, as a once in a lifetime experience for me and my old man, would have been pretty hard to bear. I can still remember jumping around like a lunatic, hugging every stranger within 15 yds in the rain when Pods ball went out. In retrospect, that night was easily worth 2-3X what it cost for the euphoria and memory that can never be taken away. My father always talked about the decades and decades where his father would sit in front of the radio night after night listening to the Sox, after 82 yrs of being a fan, died 6 months before the world series, never to see them win it in his lifetime, to this day I firmly believe he was there that night making sure my dad and I got to see a win togehter....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Dec 25, 2009 -> 01:33 PM)
I was at games 1 and 2. Game 1, once JD hit that HR to right field, there was no doubt.

Game 2, I took my father to for this 60th BDay, cost me 4Gs for two tix 10th row 3rd base line.... sitting in the 45F cold and rain was brutal, when PK hit that GS I didn't think it possible to feel that high, when Jenks gave up the tie, I didn't think it possible to feel that low. I have 3 kids who I love more than anything in the world, but when Pods hit that walkoff and the park exploded in a way that you had to be there to comprehend, I can say in total honesty, the feeling was better than becoming a father, and that's really saying something...

I'm fourth generation die hard Sox fan, and losing that game in the ninth or extras, for something I planned so hard and spent so much to make happen, as a once in a lifetime experience for me and my old man, would have been pretty hard to bear. I can still remember jumping around like a lunatic, hugging every stranger within 15 yds in the rain when Pods ball went out. In retrospect, that night was easily worth 2-3X what it cost for the euphoria and memory that can never be taken away. My father always talked about the decades and decades where his father would sit in front of the radio night after night listening to the Sox, after 82 yrs of being a fan, died 6 months before the world series, never to see them win it in his lifetime, to this day I firmly believe he was there that night making sure my dad and I got to see a win togehter....

Good story as for me i was at home watching it and i was out of my mind with excitment i was in the philippines at that time to and trust me not many sox fans here to enjoy that world series with .

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Dec 24, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)

Great post ! 4G wow . I wanted to check out signing up for this years fantasy camp , the first at Camelback and it was like 4-5 G and I thought screw that ! And I know that's a reasonable price for what they're offering.

QUOTE (1977 sox fan @ Dec 24, 2009 -> 07:43 PM)
Morris no hit the sox it was his 2nd start of the year and i believe game 4 or 5 of that season not opening day

I meant Sox home opener but your next post appears to debunk that as well. I could have sworn it was 4-0 no-hitter at Comiskey opening for 1984. Whatever the case, the Tigers were the team of the decade. Better than the '86 Mets and '89 A's IMO.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Dec 25, 2009 -> 12:33 AM)

My dad's family is Cubs fans, and basically my dad is the turncoat in the family because he got tired of the Cubs breaking his dad's heart all the time (his dad died in 1990). The '84 NLCS was the straw that broke the camel's back for him.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
My dad's family is Cubs fans, and basically my dad is the turncoat in the family because he got tired of the Cubs breaking his dad's heart all the time (his dad died in 1990). The '84 NLCS was the straw that broke the camel's back for him.

Heard from an elderly cub fan: "If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times! Wait til next year"