LET'S MAKE A LIST - OCTOBER '10

knightni

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 06:26 PM)
VOTE EVERYONE - SHOULD I CHANGE IT TO ONLY HORROR MOVIES?

FIVE YES VOTES AND I WILL CHANGE IT.

Yes, with the caveat that I would define horror broadly to include movies like Alien and Jaws. Let people decide what their definition of horror is and if other people don't agree that movie won't show up. No big deal.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
Yes, with the caveat that I would define horror broadly to include movies like Alien and Jaws. Let people decide what their definition of horror is and if other people don't agree that movie won't show up. No big deal.

I think that The Bridges of Madison County is horror, but that's just me.

Crap.

I had 37 on my first list and had to pare it down.

I only have about 5 lists right now, and one of them is from before we narrowed focus to just horror.

I would really appreciate it if I could get a few more before the end of the week.

I have a list of about 50 that I'm trying to cut in half. My list has a lot of silent, Universal, Hammer, etc. that are classic cinema but wouldn't make lists based on "scarriness" per se.

I also really really want to include a couple of made for teevee classics like Salem's Lot and the Karen Black Trilogy of Terror anthology, despite knightni's rules excluding such. Growing up those two titles scared the hell out of me.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
I have a list of about 50 that I'm trying to cut in half. My list has a lot of silent, Universal, Hammer, etc. that are classic cinema but wouldn't make lists based on "scarriness" per se.

I also really really want to include a couple of made for teevee classics like Salem's Lot and the Karen Black Trilogy of Terror anthology, despite knightni's rules excluding such. Growing up those two titles scared the hell out of me.

Okay. I can count Direct to video and TV movies...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
If anyone voted Blair Witch or Paranormal Activity I may consider putting them on ignore.

I've never even seen Paranormal Activity, but I came kind of close to adding The Blair Witch Project. That was only because I'm not a big horror fan, so I was scratching the bottom of the barrel to come up with a list of 25. I was just adding horror movies that I had seen and remembered towards the end. I decided against adding it only because I remember how disappointed I was in it.