White Sox Winner!

Balta1701

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
I would guess you haven't watched any games lately because thanks to Juan's little "hot streak" this past week, he might have passed up Dunn on the list of who sucks more. But hey, right now we got 3 really short midgets in Dunn, Juan, and Rios. What's the point of arguing who is the tallest, they all f***ing suck right now.

But hey, I don't know who pissed in your cheerios but don't f***ing come at me like I'm a little boy and you are the grand wizard of baseball.

One week won't make up for a month and a half long complete suckfest. Atleast Dunn hits for power and walks.

Oh, and I'm not the grand wizard of baseball yet, but Ozzie Smith did call to tell me that he is passing the torch on to me later this summer. I can't wait!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 22, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
One week won't make up for a month and a half long complete suckfest. Atleast Dunn hits for power and walks.

Oh, and I'm not the grand wizard of baseball yet, but Ozzie Smith did call to tell me that he is passing the torch on to me later this summer. I can't wait!

No one said Juan made up for being pretty much trash on the field this season. However, simply put, both Juan and Dunn, along with Rios and Beckham have been in a race to see who can be the worst offensively.

Adam Dunn has hit for as much power as Gordon Beckham and Brent Lillibridge. And while walks are cool and all, it's not that huge of a positive when Dunn is only scoring on a home run, and is striking out once every 2.5 at bats. Juan has almost double the amount of hits and you can always count on Juan to at least put the ball in play, however weak that grounder or pop up is. But hey, at least you give yourself a chance in you put the ball in play.

I'll say this though, Juan is probably the worst all around player in baseball.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 21, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
I agree. It is almost imcomprehensible that he would or could be this bad. I feel sorry for him as you know he is a proud fellow as all ballplayers most likely are. They want to suceed. He was to contribute. $ k's today and what was it 2 or 3 K's yesterday. The man looked lost at the plate. He has got to be better than this. He has to be !

I feel worse for the people who are paying his salary, the guy who signed him, and the team that is depending on him. I'm not going to pity a guy making fourteen million dollars a year to be bad at his job.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:47 AM)
Adam Dunn is a f***ing square, so you should probably "shape" him up and get him into the proper "form" so he can do his normal home run stuff. Perhaps that's a triangle or the even more rare heptagon.

Oh, and if you think Dunn even "might" be the worst offensive player in baseball, I would also "guess" that you haven't been "watching" the Chicago "White" Sox play baseball because "Juan" Pierre has been the worst "offensive" player in the "entire" game. He "is" so f***ing bad that "I" would be a better "player" than he would "be" by standing at the plate and going all "Eddie" Gaedel.

This was quite funny.

QUOTE (asmithxc @ May 22, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
Not even that. Sox owe him $4M regardless of whether he plays. That should not factor into his playing time (I'm sure it does, but it shouldn't).

I never took a business class in my life, but even I understand the concept of a sunk cost. Despite having to pay the man either way, the team would do better with a replacement.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 23, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
I don't think Moyer is very surprising. He's been pitching for like 35 years.

Yeah, I know he has been around, but it plenty of other pitchers who are way better would have been guesses before Moyer. Someone like Andy Pettite comes to mind.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 23, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
Yeah, but interleague has only been around since late 90's, so those first 20 years didn't help him.

Interleague did exist for about 5-6 years before Mark Buehrle became a starting pitcher in the big leagues though.