Addressing the Offensive Short Comings

Lillian

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 05:13 AM)
I keep seeing posts recommending benching this guy, and calling up that guy, and platooning these guys. I'm as frustrated as the next guy with the way this team is hitting (or not hitting). But platooning Morel and McPherson or Dunn and Lillibridge or Fat Guy #1 and Skinny Guy #3 is not going to happen. Morel should be given a chance but lower in the lineup. Beckham might need a AAA stint. Dunn needs to just start hitting the damn ball, I don't care if it's mental or physical or spiritual. He's gotta get his s*** together.

Someone else mentioned that benching the likes of Rios and Dunn does nothing, and I agree. There is absolutely zero chance anyone will trade for either of them if they spend 50% of their time warming a corner of the bench. There will at least be a slight chance if they play most of the time and actually start hitting the ball a bit.

I'm officially concerned about this season now, and I think that's only because I had higher hopes than a lot of people. But I keep telling myself that it's been 10 games. 152 more to go. I just hope in a month we're not saying the same things about the hitting on this team. Because by then it will most likely be very concerning.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty apparent someone is addressing your "How to Slay the Tigers " thread by showing how your suggestions last year would've failed. Pretty sophomoric if you ask me and quite frankly , everyone makes suggestions that in hindsight look foolish and it discourages posting at all. I remember a big discussion a few years ago where the majority would've taken Derrick Lee over Adam LaRoche. No one pulls out that thread to embarrass all those who were wrong since Lee is out of baseball and LaRoche is still going strong.