YOUR FIRST PLACE CHICAGO WHITE SOX

southsider2k5

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Tigers breaking it open in the 8th. Looks like it will stay a 1 game lead.

They go on the road now for 10 games. 3 at Anaheim (they're heating up), 4 at Sox, 3 at Cleveland.

When the Tigers leave Chicago, we need a 3-game lead.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 12:19 PM)
We should enjoy this because after this year the immediate future of this team does not look promising.

Wha?

I feel better about this team for next year, than I do for this year. Danks back, Sale/Quintana stretched out for innings, Peavy or Floyd maybe back or maybe not, Dunn is back to being himself, Beckham seems to be making strides, Viciedo developing, Rios playing up to his talent, young bullpen getting experience, a few good prospects making the minors a little better... really the only big concerns I have about 2013 are catcher and third base (and AJ may come back).

Not sure why I'm taking this bait either, I should probably have just let it go.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)
Wha?

I feel better about this team for next year, than I do for this year. Danks back, Sale/Quintana stretched out for innings, Peavy or Floyd maybe back or maybe not, Dunn is back to being himself, Beckham seems to be making strides, Viciedo developing, Rios playing up to his talent, young bullpen getting experience, a few good prospects making the minors a little better... really the only big concerns I have about 2013 are catcher and third base (and AJ may come back).

Not sure why I'm taking this bait either, I should probably have just let it go.

Other than Sale, none of the young players have done enough for me to feel confident that they can be significant pieces going forward. The core of Konerko, Rios, and Dunn are all a year older, AJ and Peavy are free-agents, and Danks is a 4-year albatross.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)
Other than Sale, none of the young players have done enough for me to feel confident that they can be significant pieces going forward. The core of Konerko, Rios, and Dunn are all a year older, AJ and Peavy are free-agents, and Danks is a 4-year albatross.

AKA, exactly where we were coming in to this season, except with $25 million cleared in AJ and Peavy, and a whole lot more experience and confidence in the kids out in the bullpen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
AKA, exactly where we were coming in to this season, except with $25 million cleared in AJ and Peavy, and a whole lot more experience and confidence in the kids out in the bullpen.

Worse. The entire IF needs to be replaced within 2 years, Danks is an albatross, and Reed is nowhere close to being "a machine built to close games."

OF - good to go, should be even better next year.

3B - who knows, but we'll have money to spend there

SS - good to go, Alexei could drive in 80 runs this year and is still perhaps the best defender at this position

2B - question mark. Gordon will be around, he's great defensively, unlikely to ever be better than a .250 hitter. Carlos Sanchez will likely push him early and often

1B/DH - good to go

C - not sure. AJ may be back and we'll see what he does, otherwise Flowers has been looking pretty good with more consistent ABs

Rotation - Stretched out Sale, Quintana. Repaired Danks. Possibly Gavin but Hector, Axelrod, Simon Castro, Leesman, and others will get looks. We have money to spend in FA and could potentially bring Peavy back.

Bullpen - questions to be asked are out there. Crain, Jones, Reed, Septimo, Veal, Axelrod likely to return. Reed has hiccuped recently in the ninth but I'm not very worried about this presently. We can get someone to take care of the 9th.

I feel fine.