White Sox hypothetical offer for Vladdy

Cali

From ESPN.com

4. Chicago White Sox send third baseman Joe Crede, outfielder Joe Borchard and pitcher Josh Stewart.

Crede gives the Expos a third baseman for when they hopefully dump Fernando Tatis. Borchard is the long-term answer in the outfield. Stewart capped a great year at Double-A Birmingham with an outstanding performance in the Arizona Fall League.

Guerrero will cost White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf plenty, but his White Sox need to do something to get fans' attention, and remember, Reinsdorf has a history of occasionally splurging on big names like Frank Thomas and Albert Belle.

Here's the entire article:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/mcadam_sean/1475256.html

What I found surprising was that there are only 5 teams listed under the hypothetical deal, and the Sox are actually put on there.

the real question would be if you were GM would you pull of that trade?

My honest answer would be if we could take Crede out and put in another guy or two, I would do it.

Here would be the line-up:

Jimenez

Valentin

Thomas

Ordonez-LF

Konerko

Vladdy-RF

Crede

Rowand/Harris ????

Olivo?Paul/Vet Catcher

I don't know if that would be the exact order, but that line-up scares the s*** outta me, and probably the oppents to.

Just hypothetical, I know, I know NOT GONNA HAPPEN,Blah, Blah Blah

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I agree with the others here.  I'd do the deal even if we had to give up Crede, but if we could find a way to give them someone else instead of Crede, such as Harris or Hummel and another pitcher then I'd do just that.

Yeah i'd do Borchard, Stewart, Hummel and Malone/other high pitching prospect for Vladdy

And the fact is we need pitching, not offense...the Rangers had a very dangerous lineup this past year...Raffy, A-Rod, Juan Gone and I-Rod in the heart of their order along with good hitting players around them....and they finished in dead last in a pitching strong division.

In other words, we could be the Rangers next year, with one good pitcher, in Mark Buehrle, and a couple decent ones, with Jon Garland and Dan Wright, along with two very inexperienced other starters, along with a bullpen that is suspect at the moment.....we could also be a team better than we were in 2000, with a lineup just as good as that one, with better starting pitching and a bullpen just as good, with no other moves made...and we will get another starter whether it be from free agency or a trade.

So I still question this deal...why the hell would we trade for more offense when in reality, our offense is already one of the best in the majors? We have a good 5-tool player in Maggs if that's what we wanted...if we wanted a cannon for an arm, we could bring up Borchard or use Rowand, as he's got a pretty good arm too...and Vlad is no Torii Hunter of a right-fielder...in fact, he's basically Sammy Sosa, without the hopping and blowing kisses, except he has a more accurate arm.

Basically what I'm saying is, don't trade for him unless it is an offer which is obviously in our favor big-time....if it is comparable to the Mondesi for Wiggins trade or whatever it was, then possibly....I wouldn't even take Guerrero for Lee...I'd rather have a guy we could lock up long term than a guy like Vladdy who we would lose after this year anyways.

Guest hotsoxchick1

there is no way in hell this goes down like that... first off crede isnt going anywhere... we dont have anyone else to fill his spot....second of all kw isnt going to let his 5 mil signing bonus in borchard get away that easily........stewart isnt all that special either so i dont see why the expos would even consider it........besides kw said himself we were NOT going to sign any big names.....like i said before take the guy who is on the way out of his career or someone who has the s***tiest era and thats who we will get.... another ritchie... nothing more, but most likely alot less.............

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Here's what i think of this deal. 

Ummmmmmmmmm........................

f*** no.

I couldn't agree more. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't deal Borchard and Crede for Vlady. Simple reason, no way we can afford Vlad/Mags/Konerko/Buehrle over the long haul. Keep Borchard and Crede, they are cheap and are both going to be good. Forget the Vlady idea, it's not gonna happen.

I Would not deal all those guys for Vladdy.

The key is to grab big salary guys off teams like the Expos for fricking prospects who suck.

It happens all the time like the Royals' miserable trades for dye, damon, et. all.

We always give up too much.

Aren't you all sick of giving up too much in trades??

Originally posted by Cali

From ESPN.com

4. Chicago White Sox send third baseman Joe Crede, outfielder Joe Borchard and pitcher Josh Stewart.

Crede gives the Expos a third baseman for when they hopefully dump Fernando Tatis. Borchard is the long-term answer in the outfield. Stewart capped a great year at Double-A Birmingham with an outstanding performance in the Arizona Fall League.

Guerrero will cost White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf plenty, but his White Sox need to do something to get fans' attention, and remember, Reinsdorf has a history of occasionally splurging on big names like Frank Thomas and Albert Belle.

Here's the entire article:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/mcadam_sean/1475256.html

What I found surprising was that there are only 5 teams listed under the hypothetical deal, and the Sox are actually put on there.

the real question would be if you were GM would you pull of that trade?

My honest answer would be if we could take Crede out and put in another guy or two, I would do it.

Oh, whatta stupid deal! We need pitching and there is a much more logical trade where we get Colon and a star hitter in Vidro for less than what wed lose here for just one star. I dont want Vlad. I wouldnt trade for Vlad. KW must use all this great trade bait we have (Lee, Garland...) for pitching. Not for something we already have plenty of! This lineup we have already is one of the best in the league, while our pitching needs improvement...