Hillary

greg775

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
So what has she done? besides marry Bill?

and besides of course being a senator and secretary of state and her health care stuff as you mentioned, right? Are you seriously questioning her credentials?

show me Ted Cruz's resume. Or anyone else on the GOP side. Let's see how it stacks up in comparison. I dare ya.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
Yall realize the GOP is never winning another presidential race until they fix their hispanic problem right?

They can't win because there aren't enough billionaires or idiots who think the GOP actually cares about this country to cast votes for them. The RNC HQ is a corporatist whore house.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 07:16 PM)
They can't win because there aren't enough billionaires or idiots who think the GOP actually cares about this country to cast votes for them. The RNC HQ is a corporatist whore house.

who said we couldn't find common ground

and besides of course being a senator and secretary of state and her health care stuff as you mentioned, right? Are you seriously questioning her credentials?

show me Ted Cruz's resume. Or anyone else on the GOP side. Let's see how it stacks up in comparison. I dare ya.

Show me Barack Obama's resume circa 2008.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 07:11 PM)

Yes I am questioning her credentials. What did she do in those positions? If she sucked at them, which I contend she did, then merely serving in the positions is no qualification. Her State career is a joke. If you think that is in any way a positive thing to put on her 'resume', you are mistaken. Her Senate terms were unremarkable. And once she runs, they can pull out every subtle age jab that the Dems used against McCain.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 10:06 PM)
Yes I am questioning her credentials. What did she do in those positions? If she sucked at them, which I contend she did, then merely serving in the positions is no qualification. Her State career is a joke. If you think that is in any way a positive thing to put on her 'resume', you are mistaken. Her Senate terms were unremarkable. And once she runs, they can pull out every subtle age jab that the Dems used against McCain.

so if you dont feel her qualified, give me a GOP contender with a better resume - someone who is MORE qualified in terms of experience

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 10:41 AM)
Wanna bet on it?

Who does the GOP have? A year ago, I would've said Chris Christie but Republicans seems to be leaning against him because he seems more central/left these days.

You have to look good on TV? Not sure where you got that from.

Cmon, you know you have to be presentable on TV to stand a chance. Obama is a hunk; Clinton was loved by all women; Reagan had that charisma even as an oldie. Hillary quite frankly looks like the B word, talks like the B word. If I were Hillary I wouldn't even campaign. I'd just say I was running. Once she starts opening her mouth and acting like the B word around hecklers, etc., it'll all be over. She sounds good in theory with the name Clinton, but she's not likeable.

She's a very menacing person. If the democrats go with Hillary, they'll be nuts. She's 65 years old, will be 68 when she's sworn in?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 07:49 PM)
unlikely. Hillary would have to win every state by a huge majority to make that race look close.

Yes, that's the point. And it'd be pretty much irrespective of who the Dem candidate would be. Cruz/Paul would be one of if not the worst national tickets ever.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 02:23 AM)
Cmon, you know you have to be presentable on TV to stand a chance. Obama is a hunk; Clinton was loved by all women; Reagan had that charisma even as an oldie. Hillary quite frankly looks like the B word, talks like the B word. If I were Hillary I wouldn't even campaign. I'd just say I was running. Once she starts opening her mouth and acting like the B word around hecklers, etc., it'll all be over. She sounds good in theory with the name Clinton, but she's not likeable.

She's a very menacing person. If the democrats go with Hillary, they'll be nuts. She's 65 years old, will be 68 when she's sworn in?

If not for Obama's 2004 DNC speech that focused on the Iraq war and Hillary's 2003 vote for the "authorization of force" or w/e it was, she walks away with the nomination in the spring and then the general in November 2008.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 05:54 AM)
Yes, that's the point. And it'd be pretty much irrespective of who the Dem candidate would be. Cruz/Paul would be one of if not the worst national tickets ever.

not even close, they would win at least a dozen states. Mondale only won 1 + DC.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 01:23 AM)

this post is just so ignorant in so many ways.

strong woman = b****? really?

I can think of at least 20 states they would run away with if the election happened tomorrow. About 15 more they would stand no chance in and a remaining 15 that would swing the election.

Kinda like the last 20 years worth of presidential elections.

You always fail to remember that I pretty much despise Barack Obama.

Doesn't change the fact that you dont need a bunch of experience to win.

this post is just so ignorant in so many ways.

strong woman = b****? really?

Hillary Clinton is a colossal b**** and has always presented herself as such. Do you think Michelle Bachmann is a b****? Same standard applies.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
I can think of at least 20 states they would run away with if the election happened tomorrow. About 15 more they would stand no chance in and a remaining 15 that would swing the election.

Kinda like the last 20 years worth of presidential elections.

They would get smashed pretty much everywhere outside of the deep south and the rural upper midwest.

eta: "make Reagan v Mondale look close" was obvious hyperbole given that Mondale only took one state. But it'd make last year's election look like a nail-bitter.

Edited by StrangeSox

Hillary Clinton is a colossal b**** and has always presented herself as such. Do you think Michelle Bachmann is a b****? Same standard applies.

Hillary is very intelligent but a backstabber. Bachmann is just ignorant. Not sure b**** is the right term for her but she's not somebody I want in charge nonetheless.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 11:05 AM)
Hillary is very intelligent but a backstabber. Bachmann is just ignorant. Not sure b**** is the right term for her but she's not somebody I want in charge nonetheless.

Yes, Bachmann is more accurately described as crazy.

Strong, assertive women are often called "b****es"

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 09:34 AM)

I think Bachmann is an idiot.

Clinton graduated from Yale law.

so...

there's that.

They would get smashed pretty much everywhere outside of the deep south and the rural upper midwest.

eta: "make Reagan v Mondale look close" was obvious hyperbole given that Mondale only took one state. But it'd make last year's election look like a nail-bitter.

They'd take Michigan, Indiana, Virginia and North Carolina. That's enough to push them within striking distance, especially considering the rate at which Barack Obama f***s up and continually worsens the Democrat's chances in 2016.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
They'd take Michigan, Indiana, Virginia and North Carolina. That's enough to push them within striking distance, especially considering the rate at which Barack Obama f***s up and continually worsens the Democrat's chances in 2016.

Michigan? Really? lol

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)

:lol:

more seriously what on earth are you basing that on?

Edited by StrangeSox

Duke is in the twilight zone. Republicans need an extreme facelift to deal with the America today. Their antics might've worked back in the day when it was "white friendly". However, times have changed and the Republicans are living in the past. The democrats have just evolved and took advantage of the situation. Republicans are going to need to love the blacks, Hispanics, and other minorities to even sniff being in power. Unless they can unite all the white people... then they may get somewhere... but that's just absurd.

So yeah, the republicans have a lot of work to do to change their image before 2016 or we can probably expect another 8 years of democrat rule.