Goddamn Bruce Kimm

witesoxfan

They had already used Dauber.

He was burned again. Manuel had him set to hit then Grady bought in the lefty and Tony G hit.

JM struck water with that move once and now he keeps going back to a dried up well.

Do you think anyone in MLB doesn't know now that when you change pitchers with a PH'ing Daubach that JM will go to Graffenino or someone else righty off of the bench? JM can't be fired fast enough.

Here's what I am thinking went through Kimm's mind, and it had to occur by the time Rowand was half way between 2nd and 3rd, certainly no later than that. Ramirez is poor defensively, and right now has a piss poor attitude. He (Kimm) was betting that Manny would either mishandle the ball, make a weak throw, or an offline throw. Any one of those things happenings is not a bad bet. Then, Nomar also has to catch it, turn and make a good throw home. Then the catcher has to catch it and hold on to it. There were a lot off things that could have gone wrong for Boston on that play. Kimm forced the issue and Boston executed to perfection and made the play. That, my friends, is baseball.

Here's what I am thinking went through Kimm's mind, and it had to occur by the time Rowand was half way between 2nd and 3rd, certainly no later than that.  Ramirez is poor defensively, and right now has a piss poor attitude.  He (Kimm) was betting that Manny would either mishandle the ball, make a weak throw, or an offline throw.  Any one of those things happenings is not a bad bet.  Then, Nomar also has to catch it, turn and make a good throw home.  Then the catcher has to catch it and hold on to it.  There were a lot off things that could have gone wrong for Boston on that play.  Kimm forced the issue and Boston executed to perfection and made the play.  That, my friends, is baseball.

I had no problem with that call. Willie Hariris would not have scored that runner anyway. Im not sure what people are b****ing about.

I had no problem with that call. Willie Hariris would not have scored that runner anyway.  Im not sure what people are b****ing about.

The one thing I question is this. Why not have Rowand and Harris's roles reversed in that game. Rowand is as good, if not better, defensively in CF. Harris has the better speed and probaly would have scored on that play. If not, Rowand certainly has the better bat.

The one thing I question is this.  Why not have Rowand and Harris's roles reversed in that game.  Rowand is as good, if not better, defensively in CF.  Harris has the better speed and probaly would have scored on that play.  If not, Rowand certainly has the better bat.

Dont get me started on JM lol. :bang

If youre going to waste a guy as a pinch runner, youd like to think the manager would pick someone who actually has speed huh? :rolleyes: I was pissed that he took Frank out of the game at that point, and JM just proved that to be legit. Frank coulda been thrown out by 10 feet, too. :angry:

Ya gotta send Rowand. Nomar just made the play. BUT what about Manuel's choices here? As said before, he could have - should have - pinch hit for Willie Harris. That's Willie .185 Harris. If he did, Rios could have played Center.

AND HOW MANY TIMES IS HE GOING TO HAVE A RIGHT HANDED PITCHER FACE DAVID F. ORTIZ???? THAT'S DAVID 23 HOMERS AGAINST RIGHTIES ORTIZ!

Ya gotta send Rowand. Nomar just made the play. BUT what about Manuel's choices here? As said before, he could have - should have - pinch hit for Willie Harris. That's Willie .185 Harris. If he did, Rios could have played Center.

AND HOW MANY TIMES IS HE GOING TO HAVE A RIGHT HANDED PITCHER FACE DAVID F. ORTIZ???? THAT'S DAVID 23 HOMERS AGAINST RIGHTIES ORTIZ!

Each and every point you make is damn good.

If we don't make the playoffs because of this, Manuel's gotta be canned. He keeps making these little blunders and errors and the game against Boston was a perfect example of it. Leaving Sullivan in against Ortiz, not giving Rowand a friggin chance instead of Harris, deciding to finally come out and argue when Tony G goes to the dugout. One thing I think should be done though if Everett keeps struggling, give Rowand a chance, I think he deserves it.

we've been stranding runners on base all series, why in the hell should we think it would change there?

it was a good call, sometimes you gotta be aggressive to score runs.

I agree, Harris was up next

But why did JM let Harris bat?

Who would have played CF if we pinchhit for Harris and tied the game? That is why we didn't PH for Willie

Armando Rios could have played CF. I can't really say the play was the wrong one to call. If The Red Sox had somehow miffed either the pick up or the throws we all would be singing Kimm's praises. I would like to see Harris used as a pinch runner rather than a sub in the OF. Rowand is a better outfielder and maybe the speedster Harris would have made the play closer I don't know. Rowand gave it his all. I am not real happy though about Harris being let to hit all the time. He is batting a buck 85 and hasn't driven in but three runs this whole season. I have to tell myself that one play, as huge as it was, didn't lose the game for us by itself. The offense failed to deliver on a number of occassions.

Dont get me started on JM lol. :bang

If youre going to waste a guy as a pinch runner, youd like to think the manager would pick someone who actually has speed huh? :rolleyes:  I was pissed that he took Frank out of the game at that point, and JM just proved that to be legit.  Frank coulda been thrown out by 10 feet, too. :angry:

I posted my thoughts before reading everbody's elses. I agree I think the roles should have been reversed for Rowand and Harris. Pinch running for Thomas was the right thing to do. Kimm wouldn't have tried to score Frank anyway. He would have been out not be 10 feet but more like 75 feet. He can hit, but he don't run.