White Sox opening video (shown at home games)

pmcochr

QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 04:43 PM)
seriously this was good for a while but they should get something new

I kinda agree. I used to get all pumped up for their game when that video/music started playing, but now its just starting to become background noise.

seriously this was good for a while but they should get something new

Are you kidding? This is close to the perfect Sox-appropriate video. When they show it before home opener this year, I teared up but in a manly way. Don't change it.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
Wow, that was really nice. Great find.

I posted this video on here in the White Sox video thread awhile ago. . its my favorite one. For some reason the myspace videos wont work on my PC, what do i need to download for them to work properly?

QUOTE (mreye @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
I like this one better anyway.

Thanks for posting that again. I have seen it before and it always gets me choked up.

Here is a ridiculous question. If you had the chance to erase 2005 just to have the ability to experience that first championship again, would you do it? I know it is silly, but watching those highlights made me remember how special that season was. There was so much uncertainty, especially that last month of the regular season coupled with the history of disappointment that no one could have expected those last 3 weeks to play out like they did. The euphoria and disbelief of winning the pennant and then the series was so unbelievable. It was also probably the last time I would ever dedicate so much time to a White Sox season. Nothing else in baseball can top the elation of that title. In some ways the aftermath was a letdown knowing that even if they win several more championships in our lifetime, none will be as special as the first. I would love to be able to go back, knowing nothing, and experience it all over again.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
Thanks for posting that again. I have seen it before and it always gets me choked up.

Here is a ridiculous question. If you had the chance to erase 2005 just to have the ability to experience that first championship again, would you do it? I know it is silly, but watching those highlights made me remember how special that season was. There was so much uncertainty, especially that last month of the regular season coupled with the history of disappointment that no one could have expected those last 3 weeks to play out like they did. The euphoria and disbelief of winning the pennant and then the series was so unbelievable. It was also probably the last time I would ever dedicate so much time to a White Sox season. Nothing else in baseball can top the elation of that title. In some ways the aftermath was a letdown knowing that even if they win several more championships in our lifetime, none will be as special as the first. I would love to be able to go back, knowing nothing, and experience it all over again.

I would, but only for one reason...I was living in Texas at the time and didn't get the full effect of the moment. I'll always remember being in Pluckers for game 4 and when that last out was made...I was the only one cheering. I would love to do it over, but be in Chicago.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)
I would, but only for one reason...I was living in Texas at the time and didn't get the full effect of the moment. I'll always remember being in Pluckers for game 4 and when that last out was made...I was the only one cheering. I would love to do it over, but be in Chicago.

Funny you say that. I flew down to Houston to see game 4 in person and still regret not staying in Chicago to see the celebration with friends and family. It was fun being there, but once out the park, the city was dead.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
Funny you say that. I flew down to Houston to see game 4 in person and still regret not staying in Chicago to see the celebration with friends and family. It was fun being there, but once out the park, the city was dead.

Not too mention the scads of dirty looks I got from all the Astros fans sitting there in shock after getting swept.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
Not too mention the scads of dirty looks I got from all the Astros fans sitting there in shock after getting swept.

Yeah, that's not so fun. We got that a lot from angry drunk twentysomething males at the park as well.