Big 12 Tourney

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
Not that I miss Colorado and Nebraska when it comes to basketball, but I do miss the old 12-team tournament. Felt a bit grander.

Well, it gets back to 12 next year, right? TCU and WV? Then A&M drops out, and is replaced by Louisville? I am actually not sure about how all that works out timing-wise.

By the way, my pick for the team to upset someone in this tourney is Oklahoma State.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 09:26 AM)
Well, it gets back to 12 next year, right? TCU and WV? Then A&M drops out, and is replaced by Louisville? I am actually not sure about how all that works out timing-wise.

By the way, my pick for the team to upset someone in this tourney is Oklahoma State.

No. It'll be 10 next year. Louisville isn't joining. TCU replaces A&M and WV replaces Missouri.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
No. It'll be 10 next year. Louisville isn't joining. TCU replaces A&M and WV replaces Missouri.

Shows how much I've kept up with the conference scramble mess. ;)

If I'm the B12, I am thinking I go after BYU and Boise State to try to get back to 12. Makes sense on a few levels, and I think they both want to move up.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
Shows how much I've kept up with the conference scramble mess. ;)

If I'm the B12, I am thinking I go after BYU and Boise State to try to get back to 12. Makes sense on a few levels, and I think they both want to move up.

Boise is joining the Big East.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
Because Boise State & South Florida are natural geographic rivals of course.

Yeah, that is one of the many things that bothers me about this whole conference scramble. You lose the geographic rivalry aspects, not to mention saddle the schools with higher travel costs, and take the students out of their rhythm even further.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 12:46 AM)
I know it's not a bold statement, but I'd bet lots of money on ISU not winning this thing.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 01:02 AM)
Only team that stops Missouri on a neutral site is K-State.

I'd feel better about our odds if we were on Kansas' side of the bracket, that's for sure. That being said, ISU has shown they can hang with Mizzou.

A KU-Mizzou final is by far the most likely outcome.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
BOU over TAM

OSU over TT

Baylor over KSU

Kansas over TAM

Mizzou over TT

ISU over UT

KU over Baylor

ISU over Missouri

ISU over KU

I'd be ecstatic. And ISU can hang with Mizzou. But, barring a horrible game by the Tigers, I think their athleticism will just be too much for the Cyclones, they just don't match up that well.

Also, you have Texas Tech somehow losing during the play-in, then playing again in the next round.

If I had to predict, just for fun...

OU def A&M

OSU def TT

KSU def BAY

KU def OU

Mizzou def OSU (this was a tough call, I could easily see OSU pulling an upset here)

ISU def TEX

KU def KSU

Mizzou def ISU

Mizzou def KU

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
A&M over Oklahoma

OSU over Tech

KSU over Baylor

Kansas over A &M

Mizzou over Tech

Texas over ISU (sorry guys)

Kansas over KSU

Mizzou over Texas

Kansas over Mizzou

MVP: TRob

Texas has to beat ISU (at least) to get into the Tourney, and Texas has done pretty well against them this season, so I could definitely see them beating ISU. Should be a good game.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 07:47 AM)
I'd be ecstatic. And ISU can hang with Mizzou. But, barring a horrible game by the Tigers, I think their athleticism will just be too much for the Cyclones, they just don't match up that well.

Also, you have Texas Tech somehow losing during the play-in, then playing again in the next round.

If I had to predict, just for fun...

OU def A&M

OSU def TT

KSU def BAY

KU def OU

Mizzou def OSU (this was a tough call, I could easily see OSU pulling an upset here)

ISU def TEX

KU def KSU

Mizzou def ISU

Mizzou def KU

I don't see Kansas or Mizzou being upset solely because they're in Kansas City, so they'll have homecourt advantage.

ISU can hang with Mizzou, but they were able to stop Royce White when it mattered (though, with calls going their way).

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
I don't see Kansas or Mizzou being upset solely because they're in Kansas City, so they'll have homecourt advantage.

ISU can hang with Mizzou, but they were able to stop Royce White when it mattered (though, with calls going their way).

ISU will have a really tough game with Texas first.

Also, Okie State is without LeBryan Nash the rest of the way.

Kansas-Mizzou would be a great finale, but I can actually see a KSU-Texas final matchup to shock everyone.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)

Kansas-Mizzou would be a great finale, but I can actually see a KSU-Texas final matchup to shock everyone.

I wasn't aware about Nash, that severly diminishes their chances at upsetting someone.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)

No Nash means no threat from Ok State. Texas isn't good. I won't get on that bandwagon. They MIGHT be able to beat Iowa State, but I really won't pick it.