Recruiting Thread

I'll get some links of lists etc, just give me a second.

Scout.com Football prospect database, http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&yr=2006

Scout.com Football team recruit rankings,

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2006

Scout.com Basketball prospect database, http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2006

Scout.com Basketball team recruit rankings,

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&cfg=bb&c=14&yr=2006

Rivals.com Football prospect database, http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/prosearch.asp?sid=880

Rivals.com Football team recruit rankings,

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880

Rivals.com Basketball prospect database,

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/pro...sport=2&sid=910

Rivals.com Basketball team recruit rankings,

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/con...=477059&sid=910

Edited by Palehosefan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors of a basketball commitment for Duke by Taylor King tonight...

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1151928

Very similar to Lee Melchionni, but a better rebounder and better outside shot. They certainly aren't going to beat you with athleticism in the coming years, outside of Gerald Henderson.

Speaking of Duke, Jon Scheyer put on an amazing performance, check out this stat tonight...

"Scheyer scored 21 points in 1:15—that's 75 seconds—hitting five three-pointers and six of seven free throws. His final three—from 28 feet—brought the Spartans within 81-79 with nine seconds left, but he fouled out trying for his third steal in that span. Scheyer was 6 of 8 from three-point range and 20 of 22 from the line."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-05...chool-headlines

But again, he's in the same mold as Taylor King.

Edited by Palehosefan

I still say ISU's recruiting class for next year in basketball will be a sleeper one. They're working some magic if they can steal two recruits from Gonzaga and Memphis, while also getting the guy that broke Rickert's scoring record the other nite.

Illinois pulling in a nice 06 class (will be updated)

Helluva a WR class with a great LB and studly QB in Juice. :headbang Plus lots of depth defensively. Zook is amazing to pull this off with a last place finish.

Signed Letter of Intent

Name Pos Star Ht Wt 40 Hometown

Justin Sanders DB 3 6'2" 195 4.5 Booneville, MS

Antonio Steele LB 3 6'2" 215 4.55 Long Beach, CA

Committed

Name Pos Star Ht Wt 40 Hometown

Jon Asamoah OL 2 6'5" 250 - Park Forest, IL

Travon Bellamy DB 3 6'0" 178 4.4 Greenbelt, MD

Jerry Brown DE 3 6'4" 262 4.8 St. Louis, MO

Garrett Edwards DB 3 6'2" 192 - Downers Grove, IL

Antonio Gully DB 2 6'0" 175 4.5 St. Louis, MO

Keven Hagans WR 3 6'2" 195 4.5 Franklin, WI

Dere Hicks DB 5'10" 175 4.41 Valley Forge, PA

Michael Hoo... TE 3 6'5" 230 - Bloomington, IL

Keith Houston WR 3 6'0" 190 4.53 Miami, FL

Randall Hunt OL 3 6'6" 286 - Wayne, PA

Anterio Jackson LB 3 6'2" 240 - Chicago, IL

Antonio James DE 3 6'5" 245 4.8 Massillon, OH

Chris James WR 4 6'0' 177 4.55 Chicago, IL

Dustin JeffersonLB 3 6'0" 203 4.9 Kankakee, IL

Brandon Jordan OL 2 6'5" t - Merrillville, IN

Eddie McGee QB 2 6'4" 189 4.64 Washington, D.C.

Jake Miller OL 2 6'6" 330 5.3 Tuscarawas Valley, OH

Joe Morgan WR 2 6'2" 175 4.4 Canton, OH

Clay Nurse DE 2 6'3" 235 4.8 Beltsville, MD

Ryan Palmer OL 2 6'6" 274 5.1 Canton, OH

Rahkeem Smith LB 4 6'1" 220 - Chatham, VA

Marques Wilkins WR 4 6'0" 182 4.69 Decatur, IL

Isiah Williams QB 4 6'2" 207 4.77 Chicago, IL

Craig Wilson OL 3 6'5" 290 - Harvey, IL

Kyle Yelton K 2 6'1" 180 4.65 Chesterton, IN

Edited by WHarris1

I really like Isiah Williams, he's going to be a great QB. He's not only accurate with 22 TD's and 3 INT's, but he's an amazing running QB. In 9 games, he has 66 rushed for 1,441 yards, almost 22 yards a rush, thats insane.

The guy can also throw the ball 70 yards in the air, so his arm will never be questioned.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 11:33 PM)
I really like Isiah Williams, he's going to be a great QB. He's not only accurate with 22 TD's and 3 INT's, but he's an amazing running QB. In 9 games, he has 66 rushed for 1,441 yards, almost 22 yards a rush, thats insane.

I'm so stoked about him, can't wait to see a real QB in the orange & blue.

I think you are thinking of Ramone Johnson, the OL. He would be a huge get for the Illini, pun intended. He's visiting you guys the 20th of this month as probably his last visit, if he can make it out of Tennessee on the 13th without commiting, you guys should be in good shape.

GREAT THREAD, wtg Palehosefan. I believe signing day for football is February 1st, I can't wait. Zooker is doing a great job, and NIU as usual looks ready to reel in a top class in the MAC (yes, I know most of you don't care ;)).

Isiah Williams, Chris James, and Marques Wilkins, along with Kyle Hudson, Derrick McPhearson, and Rashard Mendenhall....the future is bright on the offensive side IMO, gotta find some people to run fast and tackle now.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll post some stuff about Iowa and ND now for Jason and the other ND fans on board.

ND football according to Scout: 2 5 star recruits, 10 4 stars, 13 3 stars, 1 2 star kicker. Total of 26 commits, 25 is the maximum allowed for a class, but there's always kids who have to prep, or who enroll early in January and count against last years class, so ND will probably take 1-2 more commits late if they are 4-5 star types. Mitch Mustain, Sam Young, Terrance Austin, Butch Lewis, and Gerald McCoy would fall into that category. Needless to say, ND is going to have a top 5 recruiting class and a very nice building block. My favorite recruit of theirs isn't their highest rated recruit, but their biggest. Chris Stewart is a 4 star 6'5 360 pound OL, who can maul people. There is actually a picture of him stretching in the Army A-A game where he is doing the splits completely for 10 minutes warming up. You just don't see that kind of flexibility from such a giant man. If they can reel in Mitch Mustain, they have reeled in the best QB prospect in the nation and possibly the replacement for Quinn after a red-shirt year.

Iowa football according to Scout: Definitely not living up to last years class, but has some solid players and good athletes that are only ranked 2 stars. I look at atlhetic ability more so than stars, and much like Iowa State's class, they have some solid athletes for only being 2-3 stars for the most part. But Iowa does have 3 4 star recruits, including a kicker, a DE, and a TE. My favorite recruit here would have to be the highest ranked one, AJ Edds the 4 star TE, 6'4 220 pounds and runs a 4.6 40, with plenty of room to grow. Not a great blocker yet, and is actually a very nice LB, so his position could be in question at the next level, though most have him listed at TE. Arvell Nelson is still on the board as a 3 star QB, 24th ranked QB in nation, but I like him the best out of any current commits, he will be a battle with Tennessee likely until Feb. 1st. But he's a tall, 6'4, athletic QB who likes to stay in the pocket until flushed out, and has great accuracy with 33 TD's and only 4 INT's his senior year. Iowa should be in good shape there.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll post some stuff about Iowa and ND now for Jason and the other ND fans on board.

Iowa football according to Scout: Definitely not living up to last years class, but has some solid players and good athletes that are only ranked 2 stars. I look at atlhetic ability more so than stars, and much like Iowa State's class, they have some solid athletes for only being 2-3 stars for the most part. But Iowa does have 3 4 star recruits, including a kicker, a DE, and a TE. My favorite recruit here would have to be the highest ranked one, AJ Edds the 4 star TE, 6'4 220 pounds and runs a 4.6 40, with plenty of room to grow. Not a great blocker yet, and is actually a very nice LB, so his position could be in question at the next level, though most have him listed at TE. Arvell Nelson is still on the board as a 3 star QB, 24th ranked QB in nation, but I like him the best out of any current commits, he will be a battle with Tennessee likely until Feb. 1st. But he's a tall, 6'4, athletic QB who likes to stay in the pocket until flushed out, and has great accuracy with 33 TD's and only 4 INT's his senior year. Iowa should be in good shape there.

You don't want to hear those six words.

Phf, you got anything on that other class? :D

Unless Frazer or Jones decommit, ND will not get Mustain. Both committed QBs are very, very good though and there's rumours that Clausen (likely the top rated QB in the 2007 class) is a "silent commit"/"strong lean" for ND.

Also, there are currently 3 players that are currently planning on EE. Two are Aldridge and Stewart who could have huge impacts as early as next fall. After the Fiesta Bowl, I'm also thankful that they pulled in some top defensive backs, including the #1 corner back in Walls. MacNeil is supposed to be fabulous as well.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 05:44 AM)
Is he the one from Morgan Park?

as said above, that's demetrius jones, an nd commit.

mphs also has a top wide receiver in chris james (illinois) and offensive tackle in ramone johnson (considering illinois).

all makes me very proud to be a morgan park graduate. :drink

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
Unless Frazer or Jones decommit, ND will not get Mustain. Both committed QBs are very, very good though and there's rumours that Clausen (likely the top rated QB in the 2007 class) is a "silent commit"/"strong lean" for ND.

Also, there are currently 3 players that are currently planning on EE. Two are Aldridge and Stewart who could have huge impacts as early as next fall. After the Fiesta Bowl, I'm also thankful that they pulled in some top defensive backs, including the #1 corner back in Walls. MacNeil is supposed to be fabulous as well.

i have read notre dame will move jones to wide receiver. not sure if that's speculation or truth.

lol Heads, here's my opinion on ISU's class. According to Rivals, ISU has 10 3 star recruits, compared to only 6 on Scouts rankings. But Rivals has MUCH more film on ISU's recruits, so I would tend to favor their rankings here. Whenever Scout doesn't have film on a kid, they will rank them as a 2 star.

Austin Arnaud is Rivals #6 dual-threat QB, and has a nice arm, with a self reported 60-65 yard passing maximum. He's actually ranked ahead of 2 of the top 20 QB's on Scouts list by being at the #6 dual-threat QB position on Rivals board. He's a very solid commit. ISU also has 4 OL committed, all with good size and most ranked as 3 stars. It's very important to get 3-4 OL commits every year to build depth at the position. ISU has Kellen White, Drenard Williams, and Devin McDowell who are ranked only 2 stars, but all have reported 40 times of 4.5 or better, another reason I look at vitals closer than star rankings.

Once you get past 5 star players, it becomes a crap-shoot at best, and those with great athletic ability are ahead of the game. I've seen a study that even 5 star players, its a 50% chance at best if they become a good/great player at the collegiate level. My favorite player would definitely have to be Kris Means the 6' 220 pound LB from Colorado. With just a little bit of time with the strength coach to put on 5-10 pounds, he should be ready to attack people with his 4.53 speed and his great natural strength. Kris also could see some time at FB, as he can definitely run the ball also, and his 4.53 speed is legit, I've seen 3 video's of him and he was the fastest player on the field each time, whether at LB or running the ball around and through people. Cody Habben, could be another 3 star OL commit for ISU if Washington doesn't blow him away on his visit. Kelvin Thompson a 3 star RB from Texas should be a battle between Iowa/ISU. With 21 commits, I would bet you will see 4-6 more pull the trigger for ISU in the next month.

With Mustain, the main competition seems to be ND and Alabama. Alabama seems to be getting nervous about the QB situation and has offered a few more QB's lately, including Greg McElroy at QB commit to Texas Tech. So that leads me to believe they aren't to confident in their QB recruiting right now. As for ND's current commits, Mustain isn't going to be scared off by either, most of the elite players in the nation relish competition, especially when you are ranked as the best in the nation at your position. With Quinn being around for one more year at most and the compeition being wide open after, and with Weiss at the helm, I still see ND as the frontrunner here.

If Arnaud can pass worth a s***, I like how things look.

2006 Meyer (Jr.) Beck (Fr.) Arnaud (RS)

2007 Meyer (Sr.) Beck (So.) Arnaud (Fr.)

2008 Beck (Jr.) or Arnaud (So.)

2009 Beck (Sr.) or Arnaud (Jr.)

2010 Arnaud (Sr.)

As much as I really don't care for the guy, if Meyer could actually be a double threat like in the TCU game he's that much more dangerous.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
With Mustain, the main competition seems to be ND and Alabama. Alabama seems to be getting nervous about the QB situation and has offered a few more QB's lately, including Greg McElroy at QB commit to Texas Tech. So that leads me to believe they aren't to confident in their QB recruiting right now. As for ND's current commits, Mustain isn't going to be scared off by either, most of the elite players in the nation relish competition, especially when you are ranked as the best in the nation at your position. With Quinn being around for one more year at most and the compeition being wide open after, and with Weiss at the helm, I still see ND as the frontrunner here.

One of the recruiting gurus (Lemming??) was on the radio here today. He questioned whether Notre Dame was going to actually offer Mustain without one of the other QB's decommitting. Whether they encourage one to do so who knows. Notre Dame is already above their limit (I know, lots of teams do that) and they don't need 3 QB's.

He said that Mustain told him personally, that his ideal situation would be Notre Dame, but he wasn't sure that was going to be an option. Apparently, Tennessee is once again making a big push, with Offensive Coordinator David Cutcliffe leading the way.

As far as Alabama, I think the reason they are going after QB's is that Jimmy Barnes, their top QB recruit from last year (4 stars out of CA, I believe) has been slow to develop. John Parker Wilson is the odds on starter right now and he could be pretty good. But behind them they have Marc Guillen, who hasn't been able to beat out JP and Barnes. Jimmy Johns, another QB recruit from last year has been moved to HB and may end up the backup tailback next year behind Ken Darby.

They sold out for Tim Tebow and lost him. They lost a local kid that (so they say) would have gone to Bama in a second but they never offered because they told Tebow from day one he was their one and only. After losing him, I think they were done unless they could get quality and that is what they are going after in Mustain and McElroy. They need quality behind what they have now. But for next year, if JP Wilson gets hurt, they could be in big trouble.

Edited by Rex Hudler

Well it might make you feel better to know that Lemming is a HUGE ND homer, so you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt. If Mustain wants a clear shot at the starting job, without having to face alot of talent in his own class at the position, then I can see Bama being the winner. I just feel Weiss' success with Quinn, and the lure of ND back again, that Mustain is ND's to lose even with 2 other QB commits. I don't see McElroy changing his mind, but I see Scouts #52 QB in the nation, 3 star Matthew Malouf dying for interest from Bama, but no offer. He most likely could be had if he's recruited in the next week or two by Bama, he's got very nice numbers and vitals. 6'2 211, 4.52 40, they just need to set him up a visit, he has his last two weekends open before signing day.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
Well it might make you feel better to know that Lemming is a HUGE ND homer, so you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt. If Mustain wants a clear shot at the starting job, without having to face alot of talent in his own class at the position, then I can see Bama being the winner. I just feel Weiss' success with Quinn, and the lure of ND back again, that Mustain is ND's to lose even with 2 other QB commits. I don't see McElroy changing his mind, but I see Scouts #52 QB in the nation, 3 star Matthew Malouf dying for interest from Bama, but no offer. He most likely could be had if he's recruited in the next week or two by Bama, he's got very nice numbers and vitals. 6'2 211, 4.52 40, they just need to set him up a visit, he has his last two weekends open before signing day.

Two things..... If Lemming is a ND homer, why would he insinuate that ND may not even offer Mustain unless something happens with one of the other two QB's?

Second, I really think Bama is intent on getting quality or nothing at QB this year. I don't think they feel they HAVE to get one, but if they can get a top quality guy like those that have been mentioned, then they'll go for it. They could have had Chris Smelley, Rivals #9 Pro-Style QB, but never offered because they were a one QB recruiter with Tebow. He ended up with Spurrier at USC.