Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoCalChiSox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoCalChiSox

  1. Besides the Braves thing Bob mentioned what else?
  2. Maybe the pitching market will start to move now a bit.
  3. Not if those are the 3-4 we really want.
  4. I thought the owner was cheap tho?
  5. Yeah that killed me too. And Harold says that after seeing him the team is very down on Gonzalez.
  6. BOS would also be a good partner. Cease, Jimenez, Santos and maybe a bit of money on Jimenez deal for Anthony and Teel. And yes I know Santos had an injury issue, but he still has some value if their doctors pass him. And if you want pitching you could turn around and deal Quero for a Top 100 SP after you acquire Teel.
  7. I think it's enough that where you can relegate SP to a close to MLB ready #4 type as the third piece in a trade. Someone like Knack or Povich. You've got to develop some of those guys you traded for. IMO, Nastrini and a fully healthy Eder should both be in the rotation. Bush is prolly a swingman. We really need premium positional talent. They don't seem to like Colas and they really don't like Gonzalez per Harold. Montgomery may shift to 3B. If you can get BOTH a future mainstay RF and SS in one shot and play Ramos at 2B, you've solved alot of problems.
  8. They got pitching in other moves. They need some premium position prospects. Thats why BAL is such a great partner. You can get 2 good position players and maybe you can still get a very decent pitching prospect as the 3rd piece. ATL frankly is an awful trading partner, nothing but pitchers and RHH.
  9. Please be another leak to pressure BAL. position player prospects >>> SP prospects
  10. We don't need anymore right handed average players.
  11. I stopped reading at Jonathan India.
  12. I was referring to an eventual trade which I think at some point may happen. Probably not now or 25 but they aren't going to pay him 300 plus million in 4 years when he's 30.
  13. Oops my bad you are right...I was confused I thought she was referring to Ortiz. I agree Outman cannot be primary piece either....JAG risk is Extreme.
  14. Nah...BAL will never allow him to be the third piece. Dude will be a plus defensive SS and can also probably be average offensively. That's pretty valuable. Regarding Montgomery, it seems FG and Law (in AFL he didn't like his defense) both think CM ends up at 3B, so if we can get a plus SS who can hold his own at the plate that would be huge. And then they don't have to worry about Gonzalez being unable to play SS. Ortiz is the second piece and I believe Chicago really wants Cowser as the first piece. Getz wants D and athletic ability not just bat only guys. Some people believe Cowser eventually he will be 55 hit and 55 power to go with good D and arm and he can run as a LHH thats huge if the bat actually comes thru. He can slide right in at RF and if they eventually move Robert he might be able to hold down CF so he provides huge all around value and flexibility. I think if they trade with BAL, they are going to insist on those two guys. I hope they don't use Cease for more pitching. We got pitching in the other trades, you need to develop them. We really really really need some bats that can defend. I would like Hjerstad too for his LHS but Getz doesn't seem to want guys who could end up at 1B even if they are a LHS. Looks like trade values updated their values and if you add Cowser to Ortiz it's actually more than Cease now....something like 50 to 40. If that's an accurate reflection of teams own value systems, we might even need to throw in Colas or someone with 10 or so SV and forego a third piece as well.
  15. Joey Ortiz is a fine second piece but not a primary piece.
  16. Yeah I know but I had my hopes up anyway. I just want to see something meaningful that doesn't involve crap signings just to fill spots.
  17. I thought @Pal suggested something (not necessarily Cease) was pretty close and might go down before Thanksgiving.
  18. Ugh.....we need to be trading for bats.
  19. The problem with your theory is this....Why would JR pay 11 million for a player instead of like 800k or whatever for Seby? And if your answer is because he's a legitimate MLB player and might actually help the club in some way, Brooks Boyer will call you a bad fan.
  20. I wonder if Getz will go for a quantity deal from LAD? Like 1 top 100 and 4 other good pieces instead of 2 Top 100 and maybe a third 15-25 piece? Maybe the other 4 good pieces are players like Vivas (2B), Bruns (SP), Ramos (OF), Knack (SP). You get a high ceiling low floor SP, a low ceiling high floor SP, good platoon LHH 2B who can hit for avg and obp and kills righties and stick at the spot and a platoon RF vs LHP with a good arm and hope Colas sticks and improves as the platoon vs RHP. Both those guys can play in 24 too. If they did this, not sure who they'd choose as the Top 100. Prolly not Busch if you have a legit 2B also in the trade because it would push him to 1B/DH, I don't think centerpiece can be a 1B/DH unless his hit/power are like 60/60 or more. Prolly not a pitcher cause they already got two. Pages would be duplicative with Ramos...kind of a rich man's version, so by process of elimination you end up with Rushing but where does that leave Quero?
  21. I hope it's not Merrifield or Perez.
  22. I think they will blow whatever they have allotted in FA SP budget on Manaea. Once they get Cease and Eloy off the books they'll do it imo.
  23. Does anyone know how to like photoshop an image from Mike Tyson Punchout on Nintendo? Remember after a fight when you beat someone the two guys profiles are up there and Mac says something and the other guys picture he beat (like Glass Joe) shows he's beaten up and he says something else. Can we do that when Eloy is traded? Like shop Eloys face into the Glass Joe side and call it Glass Eloy...birthplace Dominican Republic and then have Mac say "Next time don't eat ice cream at a kids birthday party and maybe you won't get a throat contusion" and then on the Eloy side it will say "Bye, Mom!"
  24. Why doesn't Getz like Sosa or Popeye? Wasn't it his job to develop them?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.