Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her

  1. Wow. Haven't seen that reported anywhere reputable though. And Stanton strained his other calf.
  2. A little bit of premature e-jump-ulation from Yan last night. Mr Rogers jumped all over an 0-1 fastball and sent us home happy. Spark we needed to jump start a hot streak. Castillo vs. Scott
  3. He was the first player that came to my mind when I thought of 30
  4. Sox fans stood by and let that woman pick up the HR ball. Cubs fans throw women to the ground to pick up a ball.
  5. Caught a glimpse of my wife after the shower walking in nothing but a towel. Gave her an emphatic "yeah buddy!". She told me, "this is why I don't feel bad about sleeping with my boss at the Christmas party last year." Shout out to Schriff Dawg for helping me to get the wife talking dirty to me again!
  6. Dunno about that. Hawk Harrelson popularized the batting glove, played in the British Open, was buddies with Frank Sinatra, played in a World Series, and earned money playing pool and arm wrestling. He coined several popular catchphrases. The White Sox also used to employ Harry Carey.
  7. The Sox have 35 games remaining. Currently, the division race looks like this: Twins 3.5 back. 34 games remaining, 6 vs. Sox. Sox lead season series 4-3. Guardians 4.5 back. 34 games remaining, 3 vs. Sox. Sox lead season series 6-4. Tigers 5 back, 35 games remaining, 4 vs. Sox. Sox lead season series 6-3. Let's suppose the Sox finish 18-17 and are able to clinch the head-to-head season series vs. all 3 of these division opponents. The Sox final record would be 84-78. Since they would control all tiebreakers, the other teams would have to get to 85-77 to win the division. That would require those teams to finish with the following record in their remaining games: Twins 22-12 Guardians 23-11 Tigers 24-11 The Sox are in the driver's seat but not in the clear yet. They basically have to play .500 ball and not collapse vs. one of the division teams head-to-head and they will almost certainly win the division. Having said that, I think it's really important for the Sox to find their stride over the next 5 weeks and start playing their best ball heading into October. Go out and take this division and build momentum for the postseason. I'm fired up for what's ahead.
  8. Yeah it's going to be rough. And all the construction will probably make the traffic in the area even worse, pre and post game.
  9. The King is in the Building. Luis Robert is in the building. Sean Burke is on the bump. There is no time like the present to get hot.
  10. I understand why Bridgeport residents are not happy about this. I also don't care how they feel.
  11. I remember the Charles Johnson run that year. Great trade. The other catcher on that team was Josh Paul, of Buffalo Grove HS. I liked him because I grew up about 5 minutes from BG HS so thought it was cool a local kid was on the Sox. I believe Josh Paul was also the catcher for the Angels in the infamous AJ drop 3rd strike in the 2005 ALCS Johnson added another huge bat to a stacked lineup though. The only weak spot was Chris Singleton, who had a rough year at the plate in 2000. Everybody else mashed. But like you said, the pitching just could not hold up. I remember being so sad after the sweep lol.
  12. Loved the 2000 team. I was 9 years old and it was the first year that I really got all in on the Sox. Probably the best offense the Sox have ever had, followed maybe by 2006.
  13. I'll be there. Time for this team to get hot.
  14. Sox have been treading water for about 2 months now. Which is fine because the division and most of the AL stink. Would like to see them kick it into gear and start playing their best ball of the season heading into the playoffs. Leave this division in the dust. I think they're capable of it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.